“Clean, nice motel”

Best Western Lorson Inn
Best Western Lorson Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Flora
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was impressed by the cleanliness of this motel, especially the bathroom!! The bathtub was very clean, the bed linens were very clean, also! It was so nice to finally get to stay at a nice, clean motel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is our second stay and this trip we stayed in the first floor king suite which was very spacious, roomy. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The only negatives were the bathroom could use a coat of paint and some wall décor, very dated. The other negative were the people above us in the 2nd floor suite were very noisy (sounded like they were herding cattle most of the time) and the ceilings are not sound proof so next time I would request the 2nd floor suite rather than 1st floor. The breakfast is average, could use some variety from day to day, but we are not big breakfast people so it is not that important to us. The staff was friendly and accommodating, Dena was especially welcoming and hospitable during check-in, unfortunately that was our only encounter with her, but no complaints about other staff. Overall we had a very satisfactory stay, it is definitely a good value for the price!

Room Tip: The king suites are definitely worth the small cost!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We are staying here for 4 days, and it happens to be in the middle of the horrible blizzard. We are here visiting very elderly relatives that live about a mile and a half away. We came back at 3:00 for a nap, and left our car under the portico (since the hotel is at minimum occupancy and we would be returning to our relatives home shortly) ... I received not one, but two phone calls from Elisa/Alisha waking me both times, stating if I didn't move my vehicle, she would have me towed!!! I have a handicap permit. I have had my hip replaced, have rods, pins and screws in my spine. This was beyond harassment and bullying!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sarakkd
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Everything very good. Got tired of breakfast fare after a couple days, so ate at local restaurant. Had extreme difficulty with the bath area, being somewhat handicapped. No safety bars in shower to grasp. Couldn't get out of tub without help. Toilet bowl too small for anyone a little on the large size. It's like a "teacup". Location of bowl poor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had to travel to southern Illinois for business. This was my only real option; it is a good value at under 80 per night and the rooms were clean. The front desk was friendly and the proximity to other towns (Olney, Effingham) was key for me so this was a central location. You won't find another chain hotel for at least 20+ minutes in any direction. Breakfast was not good, coffee was foldgers. If you NEED to be in Flora or proximity this is where you should stay. If you can handle a drive to Effingham or need to be in the area for more than a couple nights, I'd opt for a commute and skip your stay at the Lorson. Pillows suck. Bed was fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Average hotel, but the best hotel in Flora. Room is good, with microwave and refrigerator. Poor beakfast selection. No hot food, other than biskets and gravy. Nearest other good hotels are in Salem, Olney, or Effingham.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay here two nights for a family wedding that was taking place in nearby Effingham. In addition, so did my two brothers and their families and my parents. This was a nice and affordable accommodation for all of us, compared to $125-$150 (nightly rate) hotel rooms or completely booked hotels in Effingham. Our room, with senior rate, was $65 plus tax for a king. The room was clean, had a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge in room, and was well-kept and looked new to us. The wifi worked great. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was basic cereal, waffles, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, toast, and pastry with very good coffee and was more than needed and something for everyone. The town of Flora is very small but cute, and we quite enjoyed the local thrift shop and library and Anthony's restaurant. There's also many fast food places nearby to pick up food. Only drawback was that some in our large party with AT&T phones lost cell coverage in Flora (not the hotel's fault), but then again, you're on vacation, so I am not sure it is that much of a true disadvantage.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flora
Briarwood Inn of Fairfield
Briarwood Inn of Fairfield
#1 of 2 in Fairfield
The Holiday Motel & Restaurant
Super 8 Olney
Super 8 Olney
#2 of 2 in Olney

Been to Best Western Lorson Inn? Share your experiences!