“not up to par” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Farmer City
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
“not up to par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were forced off I74 by exhaustion and bad weather. My first reaction upon seeing tha motel was to turn around and keep driving but weariness won out. Old and worn out and not kept up very well describes what we found. Room was quiet and the TV worked but everything felt unclean. Could not bring myself to try the breakfast.

Room Tip: turn around and keep driving
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

The motel was off the interstate about half to one mile. Everything there was either severely outdated or just plain dirty. Walls weren't completely painted, spiders in the bathtub, black spots (mascara?) on the towels. The toilet never looked flushed because the water was so yellow. I couldn't bring myself to drink from the faucet. The inside of the shower curtain was severely stained. Outside, there were light fixtures hanging from the wall with a broken light bulb still screwed in and bare wires exposed. Staff was available only if you called them. In other words, no one was attending the
lobby anytime we were there. You had to call a number posted at the desk. For what we paid ($73 with AAA discount) I expected MUCH more from a Days Inn.

Now for the positive: HBO, air conditioning worked, coffee was excellent, shower pressure, shower head and amount of warm water available was also very good.

In short, I will bypass this hotel next time I am in the area no matter how exhausted I am.

• Stayed June 2012

Travelers are raving about these Farmer City hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We booked here for two nights since all rooms in Champaign were sold out for Marathon weekend. Checked in late, and were given room 125, a room on the first level facing the parking lot. We walked in, and could hardly stand the cigarette stench and musty odor. Towels were stained and the tattered carpet had cigarette burns. We immediately cancelled our reservation for the second night, however since it was already 11 pm, we requested a room change. The air quality in the second room, 233, was remarkably better, however the room was still visibly dirty. There were multiple black strands of hair on the vanity. Coffee pot looked as if it had never been cleaned. When I set my earrings down onto the valet tray, my fingers wiped up a thick layer of dust. Bed was moderately comfortable, but I slept with my clothes on and with a t-shirt over the pillow case. I would NOT stay here again, but if you MUST, request an interior, second floor, non-smoking room (they said the first room was non-smoking, so check for yourself). Yuck!

Room Tip: Interior. Second floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Planned at the last minute to go to Mom's Weekend at U of I and found out all the hotels were booked in Champaign-Urbana, wouldn't have paid the rates they were asking anyways (one Mom said it cost her $360 at the Drury Inn since you had to reserve 2 nights). For $60 I figured the 20 mile drive was worth it, plus at that point I didn't have too many options. Came over in the afternoon with my son to get the room and make sure it was OK, was pleasantly surprised when we walked in the room. Nice comfortable bed, small couch, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker... everything you would need and all in very decent shape. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a cheap sleeping alternative on a busy U of I weekend. The drive wasn't too bad, the bed was really nice (best sleep I've had in a long time), room was quiet and the price was right. In the future if we ever need to stay overnight while visiting our son at U of I, especially on a busy weekend, we would certainly check this Days Inn out.
P.S. Gave it 4 out of 5 stars for value due to Mom's weekend gouging in Champaign, probably would rate it a 3 any other time

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Days Inn Champaign/Urbana
Days Inn Champaign/Urbana
#20 of 25 in Champaign
3.0 of 5 stars 216 reviews

Been to Days Inn Farmer City? Share your experiences!