We booked with such high hopes for a relaxing tropical holiday. Matafonua exceeded all expectations and we can’t wait to go back.
Darren and Nina (and their children) are great as the hosts. Their relaxed caring attitude sets the tone at Matafonua.
There were so many highlights..... The staff in the kitchen - their humour and singing, Jodie and Gary made the whale swimming and the diving brilliant, the fales on the beach were great, the food was outstanding as were the beaches. BUT it was the people that were the real highlight - meals every night with people from all round the world and the Rice clan were perfect hosts and a joy to spend time with.
Back to work now - but with tans, great photos and life memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Pacific-style resort located on the spectacular Northern tip of Foa Island. Pristine white-sand beach, safe swimming and exceptional snorkeling. Thatched-wall beach-front fales with very comfortable King sized beds. Excellent restaurant/bar with great variety of meals and drinks.On site scuba diving school and seasonal whale watching and swimming excursions. Good library and games available for guest use. Friendly, easy-going owner/managers live on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Matafonua Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matafonua Hotel Ha`Apai Islands
- Matafonua Lodge Tonga/Foa Island