Matafonua Lodge sits on an ideal site, northern tip of the island with beach access to the east and west. Really good snorkeling on the east side, and safe sandy swimming on the west. Whale watching and snorkeling with whales was an immense experience, made even better by the professional conduct of the guides, which combined real concern for the whales with a contagious enthusiasm as if it was their first and only day on the water, too. Not to mention their willingness to share photos and videos they made on the trip. Darren and Nina are very caring hosts, and their three kids add to the welcoming atmosphere especially for families. Their interactions with the staff from the village were very positive and personal, which is an important element in whether I feel comfortable in a place like this. In short, all the treats and entertainments of a resort are there, but with an atmosphere as if some good personal friends had just invited you to share their private spot in paradise. The fales are very well maintained, absolute beach front, and the restaurant/bar leaves nothing to be desired. Already planning to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Pacific-style resort located on the spectacular Northern tip of Foa Island. Pristine white-sand beach, safe swimming and exceptional snorkeling. Thatched-wall beach-front fales with very comfortable King sized beds. Excellent restaurant/bar with great variety of meals and drinks.On site scuba diving school and seasonal whale watching and swimming excursions. Good library and games available for guest use. Friendly, easy-going owner/managers live on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Matafonua Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matafonua Hotel Ha`Apai Islands
- Matafonua Lodge Tonga/Foa Island