We had a month in Tonga as a family between mid Dec 2012 and mid Jan 2013. We stayed a week in Tongatapu, Vava'u and 'Eua and had a week at Matafonua as our treat at the end.
We had a wonderful time at Matafonua and it is truly a place for all the family. Our 2 boys loved the food, the playground, the kayaking and the biking best. The parents (my wife and I) loved the beaches and the general atmosphere. The day bed is a great place to spend a few lazy hours.
We were there outside the peak season but that was fine for us.
Darren made our stay very enjoyable and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Pacific-style resort located on the spectacular Northern tip of Foa Island. Pristine white-sand beach, safe swimming and exceptional snorkeling. Thatched-wall beach-front fales with very comfortable King sized beds. Excellent restaurant/bar with great variety of meals and drinks.On site scuba diving school and seasonal whale watching and swimming excursions. Good library and games available for guest use. Friendly, easy-going owner/managers live on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Matafonua Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matafonua Hotel Ha`Apai Islands
- Matafonua Lodge Tonga/Foa Island