We were struck by the beauty and peace of the resort as we walked to our room. The fales were a good distance from each other giving privacy and all on the west-facing beach. The white sandy beach shelved steeply so that it was easy to swim at all tides and there were coral bommies to snorkel out to if we wanted. Nice touches like hammocks dotted around and deck chairs that we could put where we wanted. Loads of hibiscus and golden orb spiders to admire. I had pre-booked my scuba diving with the neighbouring resort, Matafonua who were very well organised and a good alternative for food and an east-facing beach. I could have dived with Sandy Beach too and may try their yacht-based trips next time as well as Matafonua. The hostess, Peta at Sandy Beach was very helpful and welcoming. We'd love to go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right on the most beautiful beach, Sandy Beach Resort consists of only 12 absolute beachfront Bungalows, so privacy and solitude is guaranteed. All Bungalows have spacious ensuites with solar powered hot water showers and a furnished private terrace facing the ocean.The beach is just footsteps away from the door. The perfect place to relax, unwind and recharge. No crowds, no queues, no TV, no nightclub … pure island life ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandy Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandy Beach Hotel Ha`Apai Islands
- Sandy Beach Resort Tonga/Foa Island