“No Security”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
“No Security”
Reviewed January 26, 2006

I stayed at this hotel and was called down to the parking area which is right in front of the lobby about 10PM one night.

My car and a half dozen others were broken into.
Drury refused to help with the repair costs even half way. They told me that they have no security, and I should not have expected any!

Alicia

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tennessee
Reviewed April 2, 2005

We stayed here four days July 4, 2004. It was our first trip with both of our children (2yrs and 4yrs). They loved staying in a hotel. Our stay was great most of the time.

The breakfast was suppose to be a hot one. It was continental. The only warm food was gravy that could be poured over some biscuits. You ate on paper plates and drink from paper cups. There were only about 20 seats in the dining room so we had to take our breakfast up to our room each morning. The also had one old lady who had to keep the breakfast restocked. She needed more help and she made sure that anyone who asked for anything knew it.

I did not like the pool. Too many children and where were their parents? I had to tell several children to calm down because they were being very rowdy and I was afraid for my children's safety. When I told the hotel manager, they did not do any thing about it.

On our last night stay there, a thunder storm came and knocked the power out. We called the front desk for a flash light and they did not have any. Then because the power stayed out for over thirty minutes, the fire alarm started going off. This hotel does not have their fire alarms in the hall, like most hotels I've stayed at, they are in your room and they are LOUDER THAN ANYTHING I'VE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE. The alarm started going off around 10:00 PM. We went downstairs to see if there was a fire. The YOUNG GIRLS who were busy hanging out with their boyfriends and working at the desk said there was not a fire and they were going to get the manager to shut the alarm off. Well, guess what, the manager was not there. The alarm went off until 5:30AM. I went downstairs with my crying children and kindly asked them to send us to another hotel. They would not grant our request because the manager was not there. Many people left the motel anyway and lost their money because they had to pay to check into another hotel. I thought it was funny because people were coming down with their luggage and throwing their room keys at these girls. Several people even slept in their cars.

What made me so mad were the girls working the desk did not understand what everyone was so upset anout. They kept saying to their boyfriends, who were still hangin out, that they could hardly hear the alarm. I told one of them to go up to my room to see how loud it was. She sent her boyfriend. When he came back down, he told her she had to get someone to shut off the alarm. She kept trying to call the manager at home and on his cell but he would not answer.

The next morning, my husband went down to talk to the manager. The manager apologized. He did not offer anything to make up for our night of torture. My husband told him, that he did not want to be charged for the night and the manager agreed. I think the manager should have offered this without my husband having to demand it.

• Stayed July 2004
4 Thank rodbev
Reviewed March 20, 2005

I have stayed in all the hotels in Fairview Heights and this one is by far the best. The breakfast is wonderful, the rooms are super-clean. It just can't be beat!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 15, 2004

A recent business trip required a 3 day stay at the Drury Inn, Fairview IL.

Substandard items:
-- The carpets were filthy throughout the hotel. I had to keep my shoes on at all times in the room to avoid feet sticking to the floor. (yuch)
-- Maid service "sort of" cleaned each day. They would replace towels, straighten the bedclothes and empty the trash. They never bothered with cleaning the bedroom or bathroom surfaces. (Have to admit this is was a first ever in many years of travel.).
-- View of nothing but a brick wall about 6 ft. from the window.
-- Hotel filled with noisy, stay-up-late and party types, making it impossible to sleep well.

Good things:
Sheets smelled cleaner than usual for a hotel. (even 4star type)
Towels very soft and smelled fresh.
Internet connection was easy and it worked.

Although I rate this hotel overall as acceptable, I would not stay there again myself. (Can't get over the nasty carpets and poor maid service.)

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#2 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!