“Good location but nothing special compare with other Hamptons”

Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Average stay my room has a strong smoke smell, I tried to print one document but the printer was not configured, The front desk girl can't help me, she said I need to wait until technician can come ( one business day), and the pool has a lot of bleach was almost impossible to stay in there.

Room Tip: avoid to park near the gardens the use a very hard water, it's almost impossible to clean your c...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Greta S, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for the review of your guest suite. I often times utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and I have reviewed your feedback with the hotel team and we are now actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. I would also like to apologize for the level of service you received while attempting to print something in our business center. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered advice on great places to eat and drink and offered to line up a cab ride for us if we needed one. The room was spotless and up to date. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel recently and enjoyed our stay. We've stayed at it several times in the past since we have relatives nearby that we visit from time to time. Breakfast meals are varied from day to day, and an assortment of different options available. We had an issue with a malfunctioning light fixture in our bathroom; mentioned it to the front desk as we were leaving the hotel in the morning; when we returned late afternoon, it was all taken care of. Housekeeping staff was also very friendly and accommodating to us on the days when we didn't need to leave to visit friends until late morning. Only downside to this hotel is that it is adjacent to the interstate and traffic noise took a little to get used to.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is an older Hampton Inn, but updates make it nice. Stayed the week of July 4th. Staff was friendly and very helpful, especially Angie at the front desk. Room was very clean, bathroom was also clean. Sheets and spreads are cleaned and changed daily. Complimentary hot breakfast every day with a waffle maker, toast, bagels, english muffins and danish. Also have muffins and cold cereal. Orange juice, apple juice, coffee, reg and robust, tea and hot chocolate. Breakfast included eggs each day usually a omelette, cheese, spanish, etc, also potatoes, and different breakfast meat each day. Bacon, sausage patties, and smoked sausage . Breakfast was my favorite part of the day (Can you tell?) Also had an assortment of Yoplait yogurt as well. Free USA Today newspaper at front desk. WIFI worked great, no problems. In the late afternoon, evenings, they have fresh warm cookies in the lobby, what a treat!
Restaurants very close within walking distance, Red Lobster, Joe's Crab Shack, Houlihan's, and Bob Evans. Great stay for a week. The only bad thing to say is that the indoor pool looked like green water, and because of this, we did not use the pool, but we did see several other guests using it every day. Hope to be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great place to stay. Very good customer service! Hotel was clean and well kept.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We (2 adults) were there on a weekday. The night staff was very accomodating. It was quiet. The beds were so comfortable. We only stayed 1 night, but it was very pleasant. The continental breakfast was great. there were a lot of restaurants nearby also.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as the result of a Priceline bid. The rate was OK...$50 for a 2 1/2 star hotel. But I found the staff to be lacking. When I called and asked for a King room...no suite, just a room with a King sized bed, it took FOREVER for the gal to get an answer to my question. First she said yes, then she said, "Oh, you are a Priceline customer. That will be a $10 upgrade charge." I have never had this happen before.

It took a few times to get the feather pillows out of the room. Even though I'd called ahead, there were still feather pillows in the room. They didn't have enough foam pillows to replace all of the feather pillows. The gal promised to bring more in, but she never did.

The entire room reaked of Febreeze! Ihave asthma and this was a problem. My eyes swelled up and I was miserable. There is a smell to clean and you do not need an air freshener, if the room, carpet, upholstery, etc. are truly clean!

There were yellow sticky notes on each of the bed headboards stating that the pillows and duvet covers were clean and ready for me. Why would you need to put sticky notes up saying that? Made me wonder if there had been a problem in the past.

The pool was OK. Never could figure out how to get the jacuzzi working. The elevator was carpeted, so the rug was soaking wet by 8 p.m. from people who had used the pool going back to their rooms.

Breakfast was disappointing. We arrived about 45 minutes prior to the end of the breakfast time and there were no eggs, no meat, and no biscuits. I inquired and was told the gal was working on it. Forty minutes later, she finally got out some eggs and biscuits. Why advertise a free breakfast if you can't keep the food stocked?

Overall, it was OK for $50, but I do not like it when hotels participate in Priceline and then try and gouge the customers for every dime they can. I would not stay here again, and doubt that I will Priceline a room in this area again because I do not want to get this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Motherjordan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#2 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview...
#8 of 10 in Fairview Heights

Been to Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!