We stayed at this hotel as the result of a Priceline bid. The rate was OK...$50 for a 2 1/2 star hotel. But I found the staff to be lacking. When I called and asked for a King room...no suite, just a room with a King sized bed, it took FOREVER for the gal to get an answer to my question. First she said yes, then she said, "Oh, you are a Priceline customer. That will be a $10 upgrade charge." I have never had this happen before.
It took a few times to get the feather pillows out of the room. Even though I'd called ahead, there were still feather pillows in the room. They didn't have enough foam pillows to replace all of the feather pillows. The gal promised to bring more in, but she never did.
The entire room reaked of Febreeze! Ihave asthma and this was a problem. My eyes swelled up and I was miserable. There is a smell to clean and you do not need an air freshener, if the room, carpet, upholstery, etc. are truly clean!
There were yellow sticky notes on each of the bed headboards stating that the pillows and duvet covers were clean and ready for me. Why would you need to put sticky notes up saying that? Made me wonder if there had been a problem in the past.
The pool was OK. Never could figure out how to get the jacuzzi working. The elevator was carpeted, so the rug was soaking wet by 8 p.m. from people who had used the pool going back to their rooms.
Breakfast was disappointing. We arrived about 45 minutes prior to the end of the breakfast time and there were no eggs, no meat, and no biscuits. I inquired and was told the gal was working on it. Forty minutes later, she finally got out some eggs and biscuits. Why advertise a free breakfast if you can't keep the food stocked?
Overall, it was OK for $50, but I do not like it when hotels participate in Priceline and then try and gouge the customers for every dime they can. I would not stay here again, and doubt that I will Priceline a room in this area again because I do not want to get this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the Hampton Inn and Suites St. Louis/Fairview Heights, which is located in suburban Southwestern Illinois, twelve miles from downtown St. Louis, Missouri. It is also located next to St. Clair Square Mall. Take advantage of all the amenities we have to offer including free hot breakfast, free WiFi, an indoor pool, and 24-hr business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights Hotel Fairview Heights
- Hampton Inn Fairview Heights
- Fairview Heights Hampton Inn