“Red Lobster: no longer the place to go”
Review of Fairview Heights

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fairview Heights
Cuisines: Fast Food
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We go to Red Lobster about once a year, usually for my 85 yr. old mom's birthday, at her request. The quality and quantity of food has gone downhill considerably in the last few years. That is, if you want anything other than a fried platter of junk. I had the grilled trout (the "market special" of the day) and it was literally 1/4" thick and maybe 5" long. I ate it in about 4 bites. The Cheddar Bay biscuits are now about the size of a half dollar...they have shrunk quite a bit over the years. Another family member ordered the Admiral's Feast which was a platter overflowing with brown colored pieces of what I don't know, some of which even she didn't recognize. The restaurant is dirty, especially the floor. My sister asked for a to go box for her leftover "Feast" and it was given to her with soda splattered on the inside. Dried soda.

And the wait person shorted me $10 on my change at the end of the meal. I quickly pointed it out to her and she gave me the correct change, but still....

Unfortunately my mother thinks RL is a real restaurant, so I am hoping next year we can get her to try something new rather than go back to this dump.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

First, the good. This is a chain the food is good like every other Red Lobster. The bad, this is a very busy restaurant seven days a week regardless of the time of day. They apparently try to pace the customers to keep from overloading the kitchen. You will wait a minimum of fifteen minutes regardless of the number of empty tables you see. Speaking of tables there is no attempt to sanitize tables between guests they just swipe the debris onto the floor with their hands, nice touch. Now for the ugly I was served at the bar by an overly familiar manager of some type. When I informed him that his method of addressing me (boss) was considered a negative racial stereotype and asked not to use it. He continued to use the same term and I asked him again and again not to use it to no avail. Not acceptable in this day and age. I asked for a whiskey and seven (blended whiskey and seven up) I got scotch and seven up. When I asked for the correct drink again I got a lecture. "Scotch is whiskey as is Irish Whiskey" . This is true but scotch is scotch and Irish whiskey is Irish whiskey. In this part of the country whiskey is blended whiskey such as CC or Crown Royal. It took three tries and was not solved until I was reduced to ordering "segrams seven and seven up" This drink was delivered to our table with a perfunctory " here you go BOSS! They can do better, much better.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Hadnt been back for 4 years, love all the progress

Reviewed January 24, 2012

In the middle of everything. Restaurants, shopping, close to city, etc. For the traveler this is one of the best areas to stay if your in this region.