“Adequate but that's all”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Adequate but that's all”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our family typically stays at hotel chains similar to Comfort Suites. This hotel was not as good as others where we have stayed.

Pros:
- good location
- friendly, helpful front-desk staff
- breakfast was fine

Areas for improvement:
- the housekeeping staff was very rude to me when I had to approach them about a problem with our room.
- had to ask for bath towels b/c housekeeping didn't leave any in our room
- there weren't always enough towels in the pool area
- wi-fi was spotty
- a noisy family reunion group kept us awake one of our 3 nights there
- our room wasn't exactly dirty but didn't feel really clean either

In the future, we'll stick with other chains where we've had outstanding experiences.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank adw531

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Southern Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband & I stayed here with our two young children for one night in late June. We were supposed to stay for an additional night, but the condition of the room led us to cancel a night. We have stayed at this property at least one weekend annually since it opened 5 yrs ago. Sadly, it appears that what was once a clean, well kept hotel, has been severely neglected. The furniture in our room was broken, chipped, or scratched. The love seat had stains & even the walls were dirty (toothpaste, hair, food). I think the blame lies with the GM, property owner, housekeeping manager, & housekeeping. The front desk manager was professional, apologetic, & is the only positive interaction we had at the hotel. Unfortunately, until I know the rooms have been renovated & housekeeping has improved, we will be staying elsewhere on future trips in the St. Louis area.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank happy_family2001
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites in Fairview Heights. I sincerely apologize for the condition of your room. We are a little over six years old and our staff strives to kee the hotel clean and update. I do believe I was the one that talked to on the day you checked out and I am sorry that you had to check out due to the conditions of the room. I will definately be passing your comments to our General Manager and housekeeping staff so that he is aware of your disappointment in our service and hotel. I believe I also gave you my business card so that you may contact me directly for future needs and reservations. I personally hope to see you and your family again! I promise you that we will be even better! Thank you!
Eagan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were in town for a youth sports tournament. The hotel was very clean but did show some wear. Two prominent tiles in our bathroom were cracked and our carpet had an 18 inch stain on it near the foot of the bed. Other families from out team also commented that the carpet in their rooms could stand to be replaced. The lobby, however, appeared to have been recently updated and was very nice.
It was very easy to get in and out of St. Louis from the hotel on the weekend. It was also close to many places to eat and shop.
They did have one washer and dryer which was handy for washing uniforms between games.
Breakfast was good with many hot and cold selections. Our biggest disappointment with the hotel was that they would not allow our team have a post-game pizza get-together using their breakfast room. We even offered to pay for use of the room. Two seperate employees were asked and both times the answer was "absolutely not." We were really shocked because when we have stayed at Country Inns and Holiday Inn Express in North Dakota and Minnesota we have always been able to use their eating areas during the off hours. We had eight families staying at the hotel. Just seemed like they could have been more accomodating when several patrons were involved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! As our hotel ages there are some wears and tears that we quickly try to fix to make our guests stay more enjoyable. We are working promptly on cleaning all the carpets in each of our suites and repairing the furniture to ensure safety and cleanliness. As for our breakfast room our new hotel policy states that we are no longer allowed to let anyone use the facility during off hours. Unfortunatley, we have had groups and guests use it in the past and left the room in unruly conditions. I do apologize that we were unable to accomodate you in that certain situation. I thank you once again and we hope to see your team here once again as we love having you as our guests.
Arthur, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

I was awaken to a random man in my room at 2:30 am. Comfort Suites can't tell me how he got into my room and has said since I didn't use my deadbolt, then it's my fault. They could not comp my room, but was offered a free night's stay at the same location, which I turned down. I will never stay there again. I'm just lucky the man was a drunk young man looking for his bed to sleep, rather than a rapist or a murderer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Erica C
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am appalled to learn that the security of our hotel made you feel uncomfortable during your visit! I do want to let you know that we take all of our guests' security and safety seriously at our hotel! My General Manager and myself are currently investigating this situation so that it may never happen again. As for compensation I apologize we did not accomodate you with that. I do hope you reconsider the free night oppurtunity so that we may prove to you that you are completely safe here at the Comfort Suites! Your 100% satisfaction is our priority. Once again I sincerely apologize and hope to see you again in the near future!
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a whirlpool room. Everything was clean, staff were pleasant, and the hotel was in a quiet suburban neighborhood. We visited various sites in the St. Louis metro area. This hotel is about 12 miles from downtown St. Louis, but there are quite a few restaurants and stores nearby. Many of the restaurants are national chains, but we were ok with that since we don't have all of them at home. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our whirlpool king suite and that it was clean and comfortable to your liking! Cleanliness and comfort are our main goals to achieve for all of our incoming guests. We have a wonderful staff that works very hard to provide excellent customer satisfaction and it is great to hear that they continue to provide great service to our valued guests. I'm glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel since we are in a prime area of Fairview Heights and only 12 miles from downtown St. Louis! I hope the heartbeat skips faster so we can see you sooner! Thank you once again!
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Comfort Suites in FH, IL was very clean and comfortable. I am somewhat of a hotel snob and I'm very picky about where I stay. We were in town for a wedding and the rest of the family stayed at R Inn and it was dingy, stinky and old. It was so nice to come back to our clean, comfy hotel! There was a good selection for breakfast, the pool was nice and not over-chlorinated. Our room had a HUGE tub with jets, which made up for not having a hot tub near the pool. The only thing to be careful of is if you have mobility problems, do not get the room with the huge tub. It would be difficult to get in and out of. Very satisfied.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am glad to hear that we have met all of your standards when booking a hotel! We have a staff that works very hard to keep our hotel clean and comfortable to all of our valued guests'! I really love hearing that you enjoyed our indoor pool and took advantage of the FREE hot breakfast! We offer many other great amentities at the Comfort Suites that I hope you get to take advantage of during your next stay with us! I do appreciate your concern about the mobility for handicapped persons however, our hotel offers several larger suites that are capable of having a wheelchair move through the entire room and bathroom! We try really hard to think of all our guests needs! Once again, thank you so much for the wonderful review! We look forward to having you as our valued guest once again!
Pleasant View, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Very nice hotel with GREAT staff. We had booked two nights in a neighboring hotel. The other hotel was NOT meeting our expectations. I called the front desk and asked about getting a room for the second night. The gentleman was EXTREMELY helpful and even offered to let us check in immediately (even though it was only 9AM). We will definitely stay here again. In fact, we have already booked our next trip there!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
FVHComfortSuites, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the Comfort Suites Hotel! I am glad to hear that you decided to stay with us and that our hotel met your expectations! We try very hard to accommodate all of our valued guests' and it pleases me to hear that my staff was able to accommodate you with an early check-in! Thank you for booking your next stay with us and we look forward to you staying with us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#3 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview Heights
Fairfield Inn St. Louis Fairview...
#7 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, O'Fallon

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!