“lots of food!”

Lotawata Creek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I actually been to Lotawata Creek many times and have never been disappointed. The serving portions are huge, so I always ask for a to go box when I order.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped by based on the recommendation of the hotel we were at and were not disappointed. We arrive around 6:30 and were told it would be 40 - 50 minutes, but decided to wait it out. We were seated within 20 minutes and were served shortly thereafter. The portions were generous and the food fabulous. The prime rib was the best we have ever had and we will have to come back here again if we are ever out this way. Well worth the wait and by reputation it is very popular as there was still a line up when we left an hour later. We each had an entree, but no alcohol or dessert (too full) and with tip and tax is was under $25.00 per person, so extremely reasonable for what we received.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were on the road and stopped for a hotel in Fairview Heights, Il. Found the restaurant by accident, as it was just close to the hotel and we didn't know the area. Not very scientific, but the parking lot was full and it was early - perhaps a good sign.

Nice, casual atmosphere. High ceilings and big enough not to feel crowded. We were welcomed and seated right away. The staff and wait folks all seemed pleasant and professional.

Southern comfort food is featured and a full bar is offered. H-U-G-E portions of food. This is a place where a couple can have a drink and an appetizer and then split a meal. The food itself was very good and our group had a good mix of seafood...steaks...sandwiches...without complaint.

I try and be objective with my reviews, but with our single experience could not report anything negative. Would drive a bit out of the way if in the area to visit again.

Jim B.
Midway, Ar.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The menu is extensive, the food is always great, the portions are huge, and the service and value are good as well. Our favorites: the mashed potatoes, steak porcini, stuffed mushrooms, salad, burgers, turkey sandwich, etc.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The atmosphere was great. Our server was good. This was the first time I had ever been and I ordered not noticing anyone elses table. Holly Molly when the food arrived I could not beleive all the food on my plate. It is impossible to eat it all so be prepaired to take about half home.