“A bit of Italy in Fairview,Heights” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Agostino's Restaurant and Bar

Agostino's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Marseilles
“A bit of Italy in Fairview,Heights”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I lived in Rome for a Year and spent most of my life in Chicago .I would not consider my self an expert ,but I have sampled lots of Italian cusine both in this country and abroad.st,
The decor is simple straight foward with just
just the right amount of awards and autographed pictures on the walls,not quite
elegant,but the food and service was.Everything immaculate
Jason was my waiter and had the exact amount of Proffesionilism, friendliness,attentiveness and service.His recommendation was excellent.
I had chicken limone .
Salad superb.
presentation superb
The flavor and freshness equal to the best Italian restaurant's I have been to.
The side dish of pasta was better then the best restaurants and will order pasta as main dish next time.
For lunch i thought the portion of the main was a bit too large for lunch.
I did not look at the prices for dinner,but for the quality portions and side dishes it was for lunch LOW.
I WOULD NOT TRUST THE ONLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM.
It said they were completely book The owner Mr.Augostino mentioned he was curious that they did not have a single reservation thru that system its
probably fixed,but i would call.
Chi vediamo Augistinos (will see each other again)

Visited August 2014

Paducah, Kentucky
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

We visited Agostino's after our hotel desk clerk recommended it. We were very pleased. The atmosphere is charming. The employees are very friendly. The food was amazing! We enjoyed the stuffed mushroom appetizer. Our entree's were delicious! We will visit again next time we are in town! Highly recommend if you like Italian food!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mel C
Paris, Arkansas
“Apps and Dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was staying across the street and wanted to try some local Italian, but didn't want to venture back across the river to St. Louis so I tried this place.

It was very quiet. There were only 2 or 3 other solo diners in the bar area. It appeared there were fewer tables than that seated in the restaurant. There should have been more people eating there than at Olive Garden down the street or Red Lobster that shares the parking lot.

I wasn't too hungry so just got some toasted ravioli and dessert. The ravioli were tasty and the sauce was excellent. I got a slice of tiramisu and some chocolate mousse to go. Both were excellent.

They also had excellent rolls and some really good garlic butter.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mountturkey
Huntington, West Virginia
“Italy in Illinois”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were in Italy for the first time last summer and really enjoyed the trip and the food. I have since had great Italian in San Francisco and now in Fairview Heights Illinois. Agostino's is a must for anyone who like good food period, and especially Italian food. The family was great. Joe welcomed us and spent time talking to us at the table (as he did to all the guest). Had some of the best calamari ever as an appetizer. I had pasta prepared by mom (Joe's mom) and my friend had fish prepared by I think Joe's brother. And save room for dessert - Joe's wife is the pastry chief from Sicilia (the entire family was originally from Sicilia). The cannoli was incredible!!

I will be back the next time in town, and fortunately I travel to the area often.

• Visited July 2014
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Amazing taste of The Hill on the Illinois side of the River!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great Italian from the Hill in St Louis on the Illinois side of the river! We eat here about twice a month and we ALWAYS have great food. We have lived in Chicago, Denver and CA, and our family has owned Italian restaurants, this is some of the best food we have had. You can dress up and spend a lot, OR you can come in for the $8 spicy meatball appetizer (or similar great deals) in the bar, some warm bread and a glass of wine and feel very satisfied. People sit in dining room in Cardinals shirts after a game, or in shorts and a golf shirt. Or the decor is upscale enough if you want to get dressed up for a special occasion. The early bird special (Mon-Thurs) is an excellent deal: one of 4 entrees with side salad and dessert for $16, or the family special for 4 ($30, 2 courses, dine in or carry out before 6pm). INCREDIBLE food! Can't understand why people would be at Red Lobster (other side of the parking lot) or Olive Garden (a block away) when you can have Agostino's for the same price but MUCH better!

• Visited June 2014