“Delicious!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We visited Agostino's after our hotel desk clerk recommended it. We were very pleased. The atmosphere is charming. The employees are very friendly. The food was amazing! We enjoyed the stuffed mushroom appetizer. Our entree's were delicious! We will visit again next time we are in town! Highly recommend if you like Italian food!

1  Thank Mel C
There are newer reviews for Agostino's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I was staying across the street and wanted to try some local Italian, but didn't want to venture back across the river to St. Louis so I tried this place.

It was very quiet. There were only 2 or 3 other solo diners in the bar area. It appeared there were fewer tables than that seated in the restaurant. There should have been more people eating there than at Olive Garden down the street or Red Lobster that shares the parking lot.

I wasn't too hungry so just got some toasted ravioli and dessert. The ravioli were tasty and the sauce was excellent. I got a slice of tiramisu and some chocolate mousse to go. Both were excellent.

They also had excellent rolls and some really good garlic butter.

1  Thank mountturkey
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We were in Italy for the first time last summer and really enjoyed the trip and the food. I have since had great Italian in San Francisco and now in Fairview Heights Illinois. Agostino's is a must for anyone who like good food period, and especially Italian food. The family was great. Joe welcomed us and spent time talking to us at the table (as he did to all the guest). Had some of the best calamari ever as an appetizer. I had pasta prepared by mom (Joe's mom) and my friend had fish prepared by I think Joe's brother. And save room for dessert - Joe's wife is the pastry chief from Sicilia (the entire family was originally from Sicilia). The cannoli was incredible!!

I will be back the next time in town, and fortunately I travel to the area often.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great Italian from the Hill in St Louis on the Illinois side of the river! We eat here about twice a month and we ALWAYS have great food. We have lived in Chicago, Denver and CA, and our family has owned Italian restaurants, this is some of the best food we have had. You can dress up and spend a lot, OR you can come in for the $8 spicy meatball appetizer (or similar great deals) in the bar, some warm bread and a glass of wine and feel very satisfied. People sit in dining room in Cardinals shirts after a game, or in shorts and a golf shirt. Or the decor is upscale enough if you want to get dressed up for a special occasion. The early bird special (Mon-Thurs) is an excellent deal: one of 4 entrees with side salad and dessert for $16, or the family special for 4 ($30, 2 courses, dine in or carry out before 6pm). INCREDIBLE food! Can't understand why people would be at Red Lobster (other side of the parking lot) or Olive Garden (a block away) when you can have Agostino's for the same price but MUCH better!

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Like others, Agostino's, was recommended to us by the staff of the hotel we were staying at. The food was fabulous! Our server, Jason, was also fantastic...except for tempting me with the dessert tray! Next time we are in the area we will definitely be back. True Italian food at its best! You won't be disappointed.