“Now for something completely different”

Agostino's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Unusual restaurant for the Illinois side of the river. Very classy excellent staff and varied menu. Service was attentative and quick. Everything was good but not inexpensive.

2  Thank rayroad

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Was passing through town and stayed at a hotel nearby. The restaurant was excellent. Live music in the bar, table cloths, comfortable tables and booths. Food and service were also first rate. Server was attentive and everyone on the staff works together. The chicken marsala was excellent although a bit different than the brown sauce with mushrooms. This one was a little lighter and had onions and peppers as well. You can get pasta or sauteed spinach which was really good. Overall, a great experience.

1  Thank ColletaM
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am a business traveler who eats out at least 3 nights a week, every week. I am a pretty critical customer and have never written a restaurant review. Until now. I couldn't let this pass without writing a review. This place is outstanding all the way around: food, service, decor, pricing! Impecable! It doesn't get any better than this! It blew my away to see all the cars at Olive Garden and Red Lobster. They could be eating in a different universe for close to the same price! The owner was there and I spoke with him. VERY Customer-focused. He gets it and he goes out of his way to make sure that everything is outstanding. Classy but not stuffy. Check this place out! You won't be dissapointed! Enjoy!

1  Thank BusinessTraveler250
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We had been to their previous location years ago in Chesterfield, MO, so we were thrilled when they reopened in Illinois, as we are 30 minutes east of Fairview. We were gravely disappointed from the fish my son ordered to my cannelloni to my husband's linguine with clams. The friends we had brought said their food was okay, mostly out of politeness.Portions were not exceedingly generous, the sauces were bland, and the meals were not inexpensive. Drive the fifteen extra minutes to The Hill in St. Louis if you want good, authentic Italian food.

1  Thank Angie G
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted to try a new restaurant so we decided on Argostino's. Unaware that we probably should have dressed nicer, we still felt comfortable. The atmosphere was outstanding; authentic Italian photographs and paintings filled the room. Everyone was smiling and very friendly. My girlfriend asked the waiter what his favorites entree was and he responded with 2 of his favorites. He then continued with the featured menu items for the evening. My girlfriend decided immediately on his third option. Long story short, the appearance and taste of our dinner was absolutely mouth-watering. The service was outstanding. We were welcomed back with friendly attitudes and we will come dine at Argostino's again.

1  Thank Glenn1400