“Comfortable stay, friendly service!”

Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Hotel is located near all kinds of shopping and eating. The rooms was comfortable w/ free wifi
. The front desk staff were friendly . The only downside was loud slamming doors around us but not the hotels fault.

• Stayed: December 2012
Joaquin R, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest opinion of your stay with us. We appreciate your your feedback and I'm sorry about the doors slamming. I will pass that along to the appropriate department and thank you again. Remember the door is always open for you here at the Four Points. Look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Good Day
This hotel is a little stressted. The front desk staff acts like they care. I had contacted them on a few things and got promissed to take care or get back with me but they fail to do just that. The towels that i recived two days in a row had wholes in them. These were towels delivered to my room. I had several times asked the front desk to get my room cleaned and it did not happen. i had to live with trash in my room for three days. I had even asked the maid on the floor to empty my trash with no success. I did ask for tolet paper on te second day only to be handed it and not even places back on the spool. It had a two place tolet roll holder but only had one after asking for it.

The pool area. The towels in this area also had holes but i thought it was do to the clorine in the area. The pool needed clean as it had some kind of stuff floating on it. i thought it was a cemical but now i am not so sure.

The convention area walls in the hall have the paper coming off the wall. Its not bad but on the cornors it looks like it needs some glue.

I have brought this up to the manger and also the Hotel general manager with promise to look into my concerns and advised will get back to you. i had waited two weeks and followed up again to be advised will have an answer by the end of the day. Its now two days and i guess the end of the day for him is over 48 hours.

i do not enjoy writing bad reviews as i know things can happen but this is one that i am not so sure that i will go back to.

mj

Room Tip: i can not advise to help other travel to this location
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Joaquin R, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

First and foremost I want to thank you for your honest feedback and I also want to apologize to you about the issues you had at our property. This is definitely not typpical and also very unacceptable. We here at the Four Points pride ourselves on making your stay as comfortable and uncomplicated as possble, but this time it looks like we failed miserably. We would like for you to come stay with us again so we can show you that your previous stay was definitely a fluke and it will be better next time. Again thank you and you can call me at 618-622-9500 ext 501 and I will come up with a resolution to rectify the situation. Have a wonderful day and a happy holidays.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stay here every now and again. Great hotel, unbelievable value.

The reception is always warm, efficient and welcoming.

The rooms are always VERY clean, and very comforatable. The new linens are great.

You cant beat this hotel. It really is comparable with a stay at much more expensive competitors.

My only disappointment has been with breakfast. This morning, i borrowed flatware from a nearby table because no one attended to me. I borrowed a coffee cup also, but it was never filled. I was greeted, and told to take whatever seat i liked....but was never visited again. I went to the buffet twice....but nothing. As i got up to leave, i was approached. I felt a very strong push for a gratuity, but for what? Really? I was annoyed.

Additionally, i was TOLD to approach the buffet from the opposite direction by the 'chef'. There were 2 of us in line. :) Kind of pathetic, very annoying, very childish.

I think the very small dining room needs a bit of help. Food was nice, service was awful.

Was not impressed last time either.

Regardless....STAY HERE!!! Eating here is up to you. There are other great options very close by....

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite. Very large rooms. Very nice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for those kind and thoughtful words. We greatly appreciate your honesty and I want to apologize to you about the issues you had with the server at breakfast. The service you was received was definitely not how we do things here at the Four Points. I will make sure that we have a talk with the servers for breakfast to make sure this doesn't happen again. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed here for two nights during a soccer tournament. The hotel was bustling, but not chaotic. The desk staff were crazy busy at check-in but very professional. When asked for referral for local restaurants and pizza delivery they couldn't have been more helpful. The room was very nice and well-maintained. Exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your honesty and we're glad that you enjoyed yourself while being here for a soccer tournament. Those days are definitely busy but we make sure that we trey to be as efficient and accomodating as possible. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I spent a week at the Four Points. The lobby staff was excellent. The main part of the room and the common areas were very nice and nearly spotless. However, the bathroom was worthy of Hotel 6, not completely clean and the water smelled like it came straight from the river.

The cost is very affordable for the quality (or comfort very nice for the price?) Wifi was quick and simple. Everything in the room (teperature, clock, lights...) worked as it should. Plenty of open outlets for computers and chargers. The buffet (included in my rate, but not for all) was plentiful and pelasing. I wish it had a mini fridge in the room and a little more sound dampening, but for a business trip it was a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us an also your honest feedback. I'm sorry about the bathrooms and we've addressed the issues with our maintenance department. I do apologize that we dont have fridges in all rooms but we have them per request. Thank you again and come see us again if you're ever in town.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

As the director of a large university marching band I often travel with a group of 300 college students. It is often difficult to find hotels that are willing to take on the challenge of a large group, despite the profit. Hotels will often take advantage of the situation to make every dollar possible then still treat us as second class patrons.

Four Points in Fairview Heights was completely different.

The staff was prepared for our arrival and they registered 300 students in just 15 minutes. The y were exceptionally courteous and bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed. They provided meeting areas for us at no charge. Some of their administrative staff came in outside their normal hours to make sure we were okay. They served a wonderful HOT breakfast each morning in the banquet room.

We chose this hotel because of its proximity and easy access to St. Louis. It is located on a large property with plenty of parking, about 20 minutes from the city. The choice of restaurants in walking distance is limited so transportation will be needed to reach fast food about a mile away. We stayed two nights (Friday and Saturday) in October, 2012.

We usually take 2 similar trips each year, one domestic and one international. This is by far the best hotel experience we've ever had. We will definitely use this hotel again next time we are in the greater St. Louis area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your honest feedback and we were pleased to have you here that weekend. Everyone with the group and yourself included was a joy to have and we hope that we can have you and your school to stay with us again. Thank you and take care.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The weekend we stayed at the Four Points on a busy weekend. Rotary International had a convention at the facility. Generally, the staff handled this well. One exception -- on Saturday night, the front desk gave fourth floor rooms to families with young children. For an hour, these kids were allowed run loudly all over the floor, slamming doors and generally out of control. A call to the front desk got the noise level diminished. The problem is that these families should have never been assigned to this concierge floor.

We ate four meals in the dining room or with room service. All were delicious. Service in the restaurant was terrific.

Room Tip: King Suites are a good value.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your honest feedback an I apologize for the inconvenience from kids running up and down the hallway. All we had was rooms on the 4th floor left because we were booked that night. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future. Have a great day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#2 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!