“Unexpected treasure”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Actually headed to Olive Garden, but it was very busy...so we circled around, out the parking lot and across the road to Hohoulins with much trepidation. Immediately seated....the soda pop was flat and we asked to replace and they did, two more times and then with no charge. The appetizers were great (stuffed mushrooms and spicey shrimp) and the meals were even better (Cajun chicken pasta, angus burger, salmon w/edame and quinoa, so. Cal. Fish tacos). Quick service and reasonable pricing--we'll be back!!!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

the best drinks. good food and we had a good time the people there are all nice and friendly. it is a good place to sit back and relax. and I will go back

Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is a place that we have been to several times, and like the food quite a bit. However, on our most recent visit, it seems like this place is starting to go downhill in service. We went on a Saturday night, but it wasn't too crowded and we were seated right away. We ordered our food, and waited 50 (five zero) minutes for salads. We started to joke that they were out back growing the lettuce. The portion sizes seem to be getting smaller (which is a shame since they are quite a bit pricier for comparable type restaurants), and the dressing was non-existent. Then, less than 10 minutes after receiving our dinner (and we weren't finished either), the server asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu. When we said no, she quickly brought the check. I'm sorry, if you had brought us our meal 30 minutes earlier, you wouldn't have to rush us! Then, the bill was wrong, and I had to show the server the correct price on the menu. I understand servers have a difficult job, but you need to know the menu, and make sure people aren't waiting an hour for entrees - especially when those entrees are salads.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stopped here after arriving in Fairview Heights after lunch but before dinner and wanted to have something to eat before an appointment at 4:00. The restaurant was clean and our server was very friendly. We had several appetizers and all were delicious. The only downside was that even though the restaurant was almost empty it took almost 5 minutes for our soft drinks to arrive. We also had to wait a little for the food, but maybe it was between shifts for the cooking staff. Based on the food we had and our server I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were on a road trip over the holidays and stopped in the st louis area to sleep for a night. This restaurant was one of the closest things to our hotel so we tried it because it looked decent. It was not good. I just wanted a margarita it should have been simple I'm not a bartender and I make drinks 10 times better that one it was 8 dollars and didn't even taste good and there seriously was more alcohol in a tiny draft beer. pretty awful and the guy could not make drinks and for 7-10 dollars I was expecting a drink to taste good and have the ingredients it listed on the menu super annoying. So after that terrible drink that my boyfriend even agreed tasted weird and had no alcohol in it i decided to go with just a draft beer which of course is a safe choice it tasted fine cant go wrong. Now the appetziers I made another bad choice apparently because it took forever the service was super slow and really not that many people were there so no reason it should take an hour and a half to eat we just wanted to eat and go. The spinich dip finally came and was watery small and terrible for 6 dollars had no artichokes like it said and usually it comes with melted cheese is what i was expecting nope weird water and looked like it was colored green. The asparagus was tasteless and over boiled or something not steamed with butter and pepper like most restaurants. The mac and cheese was ok but over 40 dollars for those 3 small things 2 beers and 1 terrible tiny nasty fake margarita that was rediculous. I was super disappointed and I hated this place. No reason to go here nothing good unless you want a draft beer and no food in an annoying environment with slow service.

1  Thank waves28