“Best hotel in fairview height” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best hotel in fairview height”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is a really nice holiday inn hotel , The staff was friendly and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. They are clean and modern. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. They are right off the highway and close to restaurants and shopping mall . Great location outside of St. Louis. i would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
We appreciate your review! I will pass on the compliment about our staff, they truly are the BEST! I'm happy to see you found our location to St. Louis very convenient. One highway and 10 minutes later your in the City and the best thing...we have FREE parking!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My family stayed here not expecting to stay in the area. The front desk person (Demetrius) had the best personality he made us feel like we were the king and queen of the castle. He went above what we have experienced at other hotels. He answered all the questions about the area that we had, even asked if we wanted help us to our room. The bartendar for the night was great, she made the best margaritas out there. The kids loved the pool area, it was very quiet so we had it to ourselves. The next morning the housekeeping staff were very friendly when leaving our room. We did not use the restaurant in the morning but if they are anything like the rest of the staf I am sure we would have enjoyed their company. The next time we are in the area we will be staying at this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
We are pleased to hear about your stay! Thank you for taking the time to review us! Next time you will have to try our cooked to order Breakfast, its really fantastic especially the pancakes!
ramapo mountin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

when we book are hotel it was not for vacation but for my brother funeral when we got there late they did not upgrade us to a bigger room the next morning we leaving come back to are room late the first night we stayed and are room was not maid we called down to tell the front desk that it was not maid his response was did you leave the not disturb sigh on the door we told him no we did not leave anything on the door. The morning we wake up we had to call for towels we leave and tell the front desk now there is two managers there and we say are room was not maid they say that they will make sure it is maid when we come back again late at night to a room that was not maid i go to the front desk to tell him are room was not maid he calls me a liar and call the head of house keeping and while still on the phone with him he call me a liar again and believes the worker buy saying he serviced us no he did not service us if you call just handing towels to us through the door . NO I DO NOT LIKE TO BE CALLED A LIAR.

2 Thank rockland,ny
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. On behalf of the hotel I have already apologized to both you and your husband in a reponse to his review that he posted several days ago. I understand your experience started with not recieving an alleged upgrade as promised by our Central Reservations office. In the future please contact the hotels directly for this request as Central Reservationists are not on property and are unable to verify if it is possible. In addition, I can see that both you and your husband like to review hotels individually for the same stay. Although this is acceptable according to Trip Advisor it is not fair to the properties themselves. Multiple complaints for the same issue during the same stay in the same room does not further your point. Again and as I have already written we tried to contact you to no avail. I hope that in the future you find a hotel that satisfies the both of you and if I can be of further assistance please call me.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went with our two small children. The hotel is very nice and modern. The rooms are clean and updated. The staff was friendly and the stay was great. The AC worked well which is a big plus for us and the beds were comfortable. As for a con, the room design has a flaw in my opinion. The closet doors are set with magnets so they shut but they slam shut and the closet, bathroom and room door are all in the first two feet of the room so you cannot get in the closet if someone wants to come out of the bathroom or leave the room. I realize this is minor but was inconvenient. The hotel was in a great location close to many restaurants and shopping.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Hello and Thank You for your review. We appreciate all recommendations to our hotel. Hope to have you stay with us again soon!
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We (wife and two children) wasted 45,000 Priority club rewards points by staying here. For two consecutive days this place failed to make up the room and provide fresh towels, more toilet paper, etc. As a gold Priority Club member this hotel also failed to upgrade us to a suite as had been promised by the HI reservation agent.

These are basic issues that this particular Holiday Inn failed at. My general experience with HI (in Williamsburg VA) has always been pleasing, but this was not the case in Fairview Heights, Ill. For our last two nights we stayed at the nearby Drury Hotel and had an excellent problem free stay. This hotel answers the phone with a greeting that says it is the best in the Midwest. That is a false claim.

My wife's brother passed away due to a workplace accident and I will just say that this HI added to our stress levels. No excuse for this AT ALL. There is some sort of procedural problem at this property.

I have attached a picture of the room we came back to after spending a rough day at the funeral home.

Room Tip: Confirm everything the 888 number promises with the actual front desk at this particular place. We h...
4 Thank NYtrav
Dear Guest,

Let me start out by saying how sorry I am about your loss. I apologize that housekeeping did not service your room. Please know that I am looking into the situation and will ensure we tighten up our procedures in the future. We have made several attempts to contact you. Please call me at your earliest convenience. I would like to make things right and reiterate that our goal is to have every guest leave our hotel completely satisfied with their stay.
Altoona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed a the Fairview Heights for 2 days and I am so glad our other reservations for another place fell through! We got in late (12am) and was greeted by a very kind lady at the front desk. She was so helpful as I stood there with my bags and two small children who were excited to be there, but so tired they couldn't even think or stand strait. The lobby was clean, modern and simple. The rest of the hotel was clean and smelled clean without strong perfume "cover-ups" ( hubby has reactions to strong smells so this is important to us) Our room had strong bold colors (red. black browns) and very new furniture and fixtures. The room was COOL (as in temp) and after a long hot day was so refreshing. The hotel had a cafe/bar , pool and work out area, We didn't use the pool or work-out area but ate breakfast in the cafe and found the food good and reasonably priced (kid's ate for free) The hotel cafe was closed at lunch and dinner but the hotel is placed in the middle of some very awesome eateries that are worth getting out and trying. The hotel is also close to a shopping mall full of many popular stores. I cannot say enough of the wonderful staff. Every single person that worked there greeted me with a smile and always asked what they could do to make my stay better (and did it if I asked). Staying here made our whole mini-cation fantastic! Thanks from all of us!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

I really liked the hotel and will stay here again - it is a very clean, well managed hotel and I found it quiet, cool on a very, very hot day, and they really do take care of the little details. This was my first visit here and based on the reviews here, decided to give this hotel a try. I am so glad I did. This trip was a pleasure trip, but I would definitely stay here on a business trip, too. The bed was great and even though I woke up in the middle of the night, that is just me and the way I am traveling. I will say I woke up refreshed and comfortable. The room was quiet and I was easily able to get to sleep and I rested comfortably. I found the staff caring and considerate, very prompt checking me in and out. No problems whatsoever and I would highly recommend this hotel. I give it five stars since you cannot go wrong having an economical hotel give great service and a clean, well appointed room. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room fronted on the parking lot and I did not hear any noise from outside.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ChicagoLooper
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
I can see you are no stranger to travel! All the more reason I thank you for your review! What a compliment from someone who stays in hotels quite often.
You mentioned "returning for business", let me know when you plan on coming back to the area so we can discuss your company and if they qualify for a local negotiated rate depending on minimum room nights.
Thanks again for taking the time to review our property!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Four Points by Sheraton Fairview...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#5 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights

Been to Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!