Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Comfort Suites(Fairview Heights)
$94
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Fairview Heights)
$64
EconoLodge
$104
$88
Fairfield Inn
$108
Super 8 Fairview Heights-ST. Louis(Fairview Heights)(Great Value!)
$79
Trailway Motel(Fairview Heights)
$41
$89
QualityInn
All reviewsfront deskst louisshopping and diningfridge and microwavehome away from homerooms were very cleanfitness centerwould highly recommend this hotelroad tripindoor poolchadlobbyihgjohnniesqueakymallmile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We (wife and two children) wasted 45,000 Priority club rewards points by staying here. For two consecutive days this place failed to make up the room and provide fresh towels, more toilet paper, etc. As a gold Priority Club member this hotel also failed to upgrade us to a suite as had been promised by the HI reservation agent.

These are basic issues that this particular Holiday Inn failed at. My general experience with HI (in Williamsburg VA) has always been pleasing, but this was not the case in Fairview Heights, Ill. For our last two nights we stayed at the nearby Drury Hotel and had an excellent problem free stay. This hotel answers the phone with a greeting that says it is the best in the Midwest. That is a false claim.

My wife's brother passed away due to a workplace accident and I will just say that this HI added to our stress levels. No excuse for this AT ALL. There is some sort of procedural problem at this property.

I have attached a picture of the room we came back to after spending a rough day at the funeral home.

Room Tip: Confirm everything the 888 number promises with the actual front desk at this particular place. We had always been upgraded in the past at other HIs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank NYtrav
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Let me start out by saying how sorry I am about your loss. I apologize that housekeeping did not service your room. Please know that I am looking into the situation and will ensure we tighten up our procedures in the future. We have made several attempts to contact you. Please call me at your earliest convenience. I would like to make things right and reiterate that our goal is to have every guest leave our hotel completely satisfied with their stay.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed a the Fairview Heights for 2 days and I am so glad our other reservations for another place fell through! We got in late (12am) and was greeted by a very kind lady at the front desk. She was so helpful as I stood there with my bags and two small children who were excited to be there, but so tired they couldn't even think or stand strait. The lobby was clean, modern and simple. The rest of the hotel was clean and smelled clean without strong perfume "cover-ups" ( hubby has reactions to strong smells so this is important to us) Our room had strong bold colors (red. black browns) and very new furniture and fixtures. The room was COOL (as in temp) and after a long hot day was so refreshing. The hotel had a cafe/bar , pool and work out area, We didn't use the pool or work-out area but ate breakfast in the cafe and found the food good and reasonably priced (kid's ate for free) The hotel cafe was closed at lunch and dinner but the hotel is placed in the middle of some very awesome eateries that are worth getting out and trying. The hotel is also close to a shopping mall full of many popular stores. I cannot say enough of the wonderful staff. Every single person that worked there greeted me with a smile and always asked what they could do to make my stay better (and did it if I asked). Staying here made our whole mini-cation fantastic! Thanks from all of us!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I really liked the hotel and will stay here again - it is a very clean, well managed hotel and I found it quiet, cool on a very, very hot day, and they really do take care of the little details. This was my first visit here and based on the reviews here, decided to give this hotel a try. I am so glad I did. This trip was a pleasure trip, but I would definitely stay here on a business trip, too. The bed was great and even though I woke up in the middle of the night, that is just me and the way I am traveling. I will say I woke up refreshed and comfortable. The room was quiet and I was easily able to get to sleep and I rested comfortably. I found the staff caring and considerate, very prompt checking me in and out. No problems whatsoever and I would highly recommend this hotel. I give it five stars since you cannot go wrong having an economical hotel give great service and a clean, well appointed room. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room fronted on the parking lot and I did not hear any noise from outside.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ChicagoLooper
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear Guest,
I can see you are no stranger to travel! All the more reason I thank you for your review! What a compliment from someone who stays in hotels quite often.
You mentioned "returning for business", let me know when you plan on coming back to the area so we can discuss your company and if they qualify for a local negotiated rate depending on minimum room nights.
Thanks again for taking the time to review our property!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice clean hotel friendly staff and comfortable beds.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank CWG_77
CatYoung, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you for the review! Safe travels and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

If you are needing some space to sprawl out while you are staying in this area, this is a great room to have although a little pricey. The king bedroom was huge; the shower stall was a walk in extra large double size stall; plenty of bathroom space; and ample room in the separate living room area with a desk and mini-fridge. Decor: tastefully and comfortably contemporary.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple