“Excellent Fun Winery”

Sleepy Creek Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Fairmount
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: There is no better way to experience wine than right here from the source. After a tasting, you can enjoy a glass or bottle of wine, craft beer or soda, plus local cheeses while browsing the gift shop, quizzing the wino staff, or just relaxing inside or outdoors. Guests may bring a picnic & take advantage of the board games in the tasting room. We love to show our friends the winery and talk about the wine making process. Private tours & tastings are available for large and small groups, ranging from $5 to $15 per person. Sleepy Creek is a great destination to meet friends and socialize. We feature live music by original singers and songwriters, comedy, film festivals, plays & other unique entertainment. Sleepy Creek now hosts a B & W: Its like a Bed and Breakfast, but the only thing we make here is Wine, but there is a full kitchen to make what you want, when you want, and we provide the wine. Stop in to give it a look-it's a great place to have friends and family stay when you "just can't fit them" in your house.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Danville, IL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent Fun Winery”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love this place. My husband and I have been coming here since they first opened and it's been awesome from the first visit. First I was excited to have something like a winery in this area. The staff here is definitely part of the reason we come here. It's such a friendly and comfortable place to just hang out and have a glass or bottle of wine with friends or come on Friday night in the summer for weiners and wine. Yes I said weiners and wine. They supply the hot dogs and the toppings, you cook them over an open fire and buy a bottle wine to accompany them. It's a great place to sit and chat with people from all walks of life plus there is a very entertaining cat that wanders around. You can sit at a table with chairs or next to the fire or even more romantic is the swing right by the pond.
I'm kind of a connoisseur (lush) of wine. There are so many really good varieties here that if you can't find something you like, I would have to believe you just don't like wine. There are even slushies for those that like something a little lighter. You have to try the Winey Mary. It's a very interesting mix of tomato wine and jalapeno. Very surprising. Pair it with the bloody mary mix they have and it's just awesome.
It's been a great venue to see some independent, original music. Tickets are always reasonable and you can listen, drink some wine and purchase cheese or bring your own snacks. If you're looking for some place different and comfortable to go this is definitely where you want to be.
About a year ago they opened a bed and wine upstairs. it's a take on the bed and breakfast idea. I haven't stayed there yet, but the place is beautiful. I want to live there. You have to go and just see this place
This has definitely become one of my favorite relaxing places to go. it's a beautiful place, the staff is awesome and the wine is excellent. You have to go and try it.

Visited May 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great location, not so great wines”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We visited the winery couple of days ago. The location was fantastic. It was clean, well maintained and above all family friendly. We tasted three wines and they were delicious and I ended up buying four bottles of wine. As I opened the wines at home, I was disappointed and wondered if these were the wines I tasted at the winery. The red wine was sour, the whites gave me and my wife a headache the next day. At $15-$18 per bottle, I did not get bang for my buck!!

Visited May 2013
Tony J, Manager at Sleepy Creek Vineyards, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you so much for stopping by! We think giving our guests a good experience is most important, and it sounds like you had a good one while you were here. I want to take a moment to let you know that the wines we use for tastings are pulled from the same cases we sell from. On rare occasion a bottle might taste different than you remember, and in those situations we are happy to try and make it right for you. There are numerous reasons wine can leave anyone with headaches, it depends on the person, their day, and potentially many other factors. A quick online search might help discover what happened. As the winemaker I appreciate your honest feedback and hope we'll see you again.
Springfield, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Nice place to hang for a while”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We tasted the wines and purchased a couple of bottles for gifts. The Winey Mary was a spicy wine, but added to a V-8 jiuce made a great Bloody Mary. Nice relaxing place on a Saturday afternoon.

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Relaxing local weekend escape”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been going to sleepy creek vineyard for a few years now and just realized I haven't written a review.
I can't say enough good things about this place, the wine is always wonderful and such a bargain, the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed and soothing.
My fiancee and I often go on Saturday afternoons for a glass of wine and sometimes we bring a picnic with us. They do have snacks there though (crackers, cheese, popcorn) if you don't want to pack something yourself.
Every year they also host the Salt Creek art festival which we love. It is always quite busy for that so be prepared for a crowd.

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A nice place to visit”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Sleepy Creek Vineyards is a nice place to visit. They have music and special events. I find the wines not to my liking,too sweet for me, except for the wine slushes which are refreshing in the summer.

Visited September 2011