“Sleep in your car instead!”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
and 1 more site!
Budget Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Fairfield
Reviewed July 5, 2014

As my senses are still disturbed by my stay, I cannot recall what hit me first; the smell, the visual shock, or the feel of my shoes sticking to the carpet that was laid sometime in the 1960's. Between the mold in the shower, the missing vent cover in the bathroom, the brown stained bed spread or the rust that has built up on all metal surfaces, it is tough to pick out the most disturbing. Fairfield is great small town and lives up to it's motto you will see on the sign as you drive into town, "Home of Friendly People", The Budget Inn should be avoided!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Jim D
There are newer reviews for Budget Inn
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I was forced to stay here due to bad weather and slick road conditions. The owner was nice but the rooms are terrible. When I go in my room I was greeted by a dirty ashtray dead mosquito stuck to the wall and cobwebs on the walls. I was provided one towel and zero wash cloths. The bathroom drains were slow and the water backed up in both the sink and the shower. I will never stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cecil0185
Reviewed July 13, 2012

First off i do have to say the owner is a sweet guy. When we got here he made us all feel welcome. The motel needs major repairs though. the room and bathroom was dirty, there was a nice size hole in the wall, paint is peeling and coming off everywhere, the rooms dont lock like any other place we have been. you have to have an actual key and even in our room it didnt matter if we locked it cause it didnt latch and you could easily just open the door. so all we had was this old rusted little chain lock. something that you can buy at walmart for a couple of bucks. there is cardboard covering the two little windows on our door and the a/c looks decent but it doesnt do a very good job cooling the tiny room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank travelerswife5
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We were off our planned route, and it was getting late at night, so we were happy to find a town with a motel ahead. We had two choices, and picked the budget Inn. I don't know what the other had to offer, but it became apparent that our choice was a sad and neglected property. It was a large, 2-story dated motel in a small country town. It appeared that it had not been maintained for a long time, as it needed paint and repairs. The room was dirty and dated. The bath was dirty. There was trash under the beds. We were off at first light, so we didn't get to explore the town. The manager was friendly and helpful, just not very handy.

Room Tip: Check the room before registering.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sofanon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Briarwood Inn of Fairfield
#1 of 2 in Grayville
No photo provided
Albion Motel
#1 of 1 in Albion

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!