“Small Hometown Bakery Shop”
Review of Wolf's Bakery

Wolf's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Evergreen Park
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Small hometown bakery shop in business for 74 years. Mrs Wolf sold the business in 1999. I don't know if the owner who purchased the business in 1999 is the current owner in 2013.

My grandmother worked for Mrs Wolf in the 60's and 70's.

Lot of good, homemade cookies, cakes and bread.
Small parking lot adjacent.
Street Parking available.
50's style neon sign out front is in need of some new neon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family would make a trip to this bakery every weekend for treats. All the cakes, the apple strudel, and iced English raisin bread were favorites, not to mention the chocolate iced cake style donuts. I haven't lived in the area for years now, but was there recently and Wolf's was on my "must visit" list. It did not disappoint. All the old favorites are still available, and still wonderful. You must go!

1  Thank JackieDS5
Reviewed May 25, 2013

OMG!! This bakery has been part of my life since I was four. We lived in Evergreen Park and every weekend was a Wolf's Bakery trip, for bakery bread, coffeecake, rolls, and doughnuts. On special occasions mom and grandma bought cookies,and cakes, sometimes apple slices and pies. The favorite cakes in our family were the lemon fluff and the crumb cake. Both just mouthwateringly delicious and melt-in-your-mouth-good.
They were my choice for a wedding cake and it was the best cake I have ever had at a wedding.

2  Thank BarbaraNelson
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Everything we've had from Wolf's was great. Friendly and helpful staff. Best of all is the Atomic Cake - has something for everyone.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is a top notch bakery! We have ordered the lemon fluff cake for years for special occasions and are never disappointed. It is always moist and delicious and so good that even if lemon cake doesn't appeal to you, you may love this cake. I was so happy to see it in cupcake form and it's just as good. I stop here for an occasional special after school treat with my boys and we've never been disappointed. Perfect brownies, gingerbread men, canolies are just like my grandma use to make. Lots of miniature versions of some favorites like eclairs, cheesecakes and favorite cakes in cupcake form. There are lots of bakeries in this area, but this is a favorite.

1  Thank RitaLyC