“Chi Tung; Head & Shoulders Above The Competition”

Chi-tung Chinese & Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Chi Tung is our regular go to spot for Asian dining; in our opinion, better than anything the Chinatown district or Korea-town has to offer. Jinny and Dan Zhao, the owners, offer a wonderful menu of Chinese, Japanese and Thai food that is equally outstanding. In addition to regular seating, Chi Tung also offers a bar area, Sushi bar(professionally trained Sushi chefs are artists), and a traditional Hibachi Steakhouse room. The restaurant itself is spacious and very tastefully appointed. There is plenty of off-street parking, and a computerized order management system that makes take-out and delivery ordering super fast and accurate.
The dining rooms can get a bit noisy during busy hours, so conversations and romantic moments can become challenging at time, but the food more than makes up for it. Be sure to try the red bean or green tea ice cream for dessert!

1  Thank StevenLaurie S

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My son and I had lunch with a group of 7 other guests (previously unknown). I have a sodium restriction so am always cautious and asked what accommodations could be made. (I bring my own premeasured low sodium soy sauce when doing Asian foods.)

The server (Lisa) said they would cook my food separately and not add any salt or soy sauce.

The chef (Johnny) performed this by serving my food from the main source prior to adding the salt and soy sauce and prepared all the entrees separately so no one could tell that anything different was happening. Even my son commented on how professionally handled the adjustment was made.

I have truly never had such attention given to the dining experience even with restrictions.

We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Pheziwig
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been going here for a few years now and never thought to review it before. This food is consistently good. Thai, Japanese, Chinese. The servings used to be huge and I noticed that they have cut back on them, except for the area they call "Hibachi" which should actually be called "Teppanyaki" or stir fry. The stir fry is actually the best in the entire Southwest Chicago and it stays busy as a result.

1  Thank Errol D
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was a return visit. I dined there maybe 4yrs ago and the food was exquisite! I loved their personalized leftovers plastic-to-go bag. Smart advertisement on their part!
But this time it was an insult!
After spending $90 for 3 people, they said their carryoutbags cost extra!
I replied to the man,"after spending almost a $100 in your restaurant, you insist on another $1 for a bag with your advertisement on it?" He said,"Yes!"
I pulled out my wallet to pay, and then thought what a stupid business decision on his part.
The prior advertisement on the carryout bag was the reason I returned.I had saved the name to return for again fine food and service.
This time I received neither! The food was mediocre and the service cookie cutter.
Perhaps they had changed ownership. I don't know.
But, unlike Arnold Swerts, I won't be back, ever!

1  Thank BILL P
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is great, staff is fast and polite. Affordable prices, clean and good tasting food, love the hot towels to wipe your hands

2  Thank sp8cek