“Amazing cake donuts!”
Review of Bennison Bakeries

Bennison Bakeries
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Evanston
Reviewed January 31, 2017

I found out I could get a king cake in Chicagoland and was led to this bakery. When I go to a bakery, I generally get a couple donuts to see the quality of the place. The donuts I had were perfect and I even picked them up at 1PM! They had a perfect crust while being fluffy on the inside. The chocolate icing was a nice compliment but not overdone. The king cake I served my family was also outstanding. The counter guy I dealt with was also hilarious.

Reviewed January 23, 2017

We came here for pretzels, only to find out they don't have them. However, we found some nice coffee cake and croissant sandwhiches that were yum. The service was very slow - especially the time it took to get coffee!

Reviewed December 25, 2016

Having an awesome bakery right around the corner from your office is a dangerous thing! Excellent doughnuts and sweets, love their red velvet and maple bacon doughnuts. Tasty sandwiches. All very reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 21, 2016

This is a classic bakery with everything from cookies to cakes to bread. They also serve coffee drinks. I have been buying their cakes for my family birthdays for almost 15 years. We have tried every different kind of cake and torte that they make and all of them are excellent. I also love the history of this place. They have been in business forever! As long as they keep baking, I will keep coming back!

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Being around the corner from Bennison, I forget sometimes how wonderful it is. How lucky to be nearby! Great baked goods--but also breakfast and lunch items like Han and cheese (or spinach and cheese) croissants. Good bread. And when the stomach is hungry and will is weak, sticky buns that are worth the calories. Yum.