“Too close to my office”
Review of Bennison Bakeries

Bennison Bakeries
Ranked #1 of 10 Bakeries in Evanston
Reviewed December 25, 2016

Having an awesome bakery right around the corner from your office is a dangerous thing! Excellent doughnuts and sweets, love their red velvet and maple bacon doughnuts. Tasty sandwiches. All very reasonably priced.

Reviewed December 21, 2016

This is a classic bakery with everything from cookies to cakes to bread. They also serve coffee drinks. I have been buying their cakes for my family birthdays for almost 15 years. We have tried every different kind of cake and torte that they make and all of them are excellent. I also love the history of this place. They have been in business forever! As long as they keep baking, I will keep coming back!

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

Being around the corner from Bennison, I forget sometimes how wonderful it is. How lucky to be nearby! Great baked goods--but also breakfast and lunch items like Han and cheese (or spinach and cheese) croissants. Good bread. And when the stomach is hungry and will is weak, sticky buns that are worth the calories. Yum.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

When I first moved to Evanston I saw people lined up out the door to a store. Curious I went closer and discovered Bennisons. It's treasure in Evanston. I don't eat gluten but buy cookies here for a special dessert for company. I hear how wonderful their croissants are from visiting family. It smells wonderful in there so I enjoy it vicariously.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

I usually skip the sweet treats because of calorie counting but here is where you throw away the app on your phone and treat yourself. Croissants, choc donuts, cookies, scones - and the bread is fantastic too.Everything is top quality and delicious so just be tempted and be sure you take home for later.