“Pretzel Bread and Macaroons!”
Review of Bennison Bakeries

Bennison Bakeries
Ranked #1 of 11 Bakeries in Evanston
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My co-workers and I go to Bennison's quite a bit. It got pretty bad for my wallet at one point, we were going 3-4 times a week! What we all really go crazy for, is the pretzel bread. It's amazing.

When the pretzel bread isn't available I usually go for a macaroon - strawberry or raspberry. Heck, really I'll take any flavor they have. Their macaroons are probably the best I've had. They have a lot of other goodies as well - donuts, cookies, croissants, breads, pies!

Staff is nice and friendly, the line moves pretty quickly.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

wonderful and creative pastries - and a great place to have breakfast.
Red Velvet cupcakes - wonderful

Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Croissants are better than Paris, Birthday cakes, donuts, torts, Bennison's supplies bread to the very best restaurants- A weekly stop for our family. We drove 15 miles for years to buy their baked goods. We eventual decides to move to Evanston.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

On our recent trip to Chicago, my husband and I had breakfast at Bennison Bakery and it was great. Good coffee, yummy muffins and Red Velvet Cupcake. My cousin's husband tried the maple doughnut covered in bacon, and he said it was quite tasty. :) And all at a good price.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I would be as big as a house! We had the baguette with tomato, basil and mozzarella cheese, an eclair and brought a chocolate cake (chocolate cake with chocolate mousse, enrobed in chocolate icing with big, thin pieces of dark chocolate stuck to the icing. Heaven! It was all amazingly good.