WINNER WONDERLAND

“Good location, kind of old” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston

Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Evanston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was in a great location, I had two interviews scheduled in Evanston and Chicago, so this place was ideal for a one night stay. My hotel room was clean and the view was great. Two days after I left, I checked my bank statements and they charged me $250 dollars for cigarrette smoke. I was very upset to learn this considering that I DON'T SMOKE nor have I ever. I don't know what they where getting this information. To add insult to injury, I called and demanded that I speak to someone about this and there was no one there in power to refund me back my money. After I asked what evidence they had of smoke for example, an actual ciggarrette butt or ashes, and they said there was a sense of smell, not SCENT, A sense. I don't know if they percieved smoke, or was so ignorant that they said sense instead of scent. This is very upsetting and I am still fighting to get my money back because I was robbed, and I am completely innocent of their crazy accusation. Maybe their cleaning staff smoked in the room after we left, but if I smoked, i would have just gotten a smoking room that is the same price. Well the manager hung up on me and was very rude, my husband got on the phone and still he hung up on him. This place was a night mare. I am trying to get a job in the Illinois area to make money, not lose it. Now my bank account is overdrawn and I can't afford my car note this month, I am not rich and I work very hard for my money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Delia G
Batavia, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

The advantage of this hotel was the location (close to NWU) and cost. The beds were comfortable; the view was great. The parking lot elevator was broken requiring moving luggage up and down stairs. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank SUSAN L
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This used to be a good hotel. Needs some serious updating. Clean, but Old TVs, bathroom fixtures. Expected a lot more for $99. Location is excellent. Parking $14.
A good place for college kids.
Watch out for the smoking rooms.
The whole floor can stink of smoke.
Friendly front desk.

• Stayed January 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I had a fantastic experience at this hotel. I stayed here back in December thanks to a 2-night deal on Kayak. I wasn't expecting much due to the price that I paid but boy was I surprised! The downside of this hotel was the lack of free parking ($14/day!) but everything was fantastic. The beds were comfortable, the staff was so nice, the breakfast was meh, but it was free! How can you beat that? The only reason why I didn't give it 5 stars was because of the parking. boo! It was right around the corner from the train station, and on a Sunday it took us about 40 minutes to get to the city center. On Monday (after rush hour) it only took us about 25 minutes.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the city - it's a small view but it's a view for sure!