“BELT BUSTING NEVER TASTED SO GOOD”
Review of Tag's Bakery

Tag's Bakery
Ranked #4 of 10 Bakeries in Evanston
Reviewed May 11, 2017

I can honestly say that there is nothing in TAG's which is not totally delicious. For me the first among equals are the plain doughnuts. They have a semi-crispy crust which makes your first bite go "crunch"; and then you are into an out of this world soft dough interior. You want to eat more than one at a sitting; fortunately one completely fills you regardless if you scarf it down or take more measured bites. The ladies behind the counter are incredibly cheerful and chatty - who wouldn't be working at TAG's? which takes a food shopping experience into an entirely new realm. As with other outstanding food establishments, TAG's has been around for a long, long time; currently in the midst of its 80th year on Central Street.. Whether you crave a snack, want to order a custom baked and decorated cake, take home a dozen or so of the cookies, or a few pastries, TAG's, in this reviewer's opinion , is the only place to go. Enjoy.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Have been going here since I was a kid. They won my heart with many amazing cakes and treats--their smiley face and sugar sprinkle cookies take me back to the days I would beg my mom to go for a walk so we could end up there. Love it. Oh, and the old fashioned doughnuts are awesome!

Reviewed February 23, 2017

After receiving a box of Florentines from a friend at Christmastime, I feel in love with these little sweet treats.

I've been in Evanston Hospital for two weeks now, as my husband is recovering from major surgery. I passed Tags one day - and got very excited !

I have not tried anything else - but everything looks good. They take pride in what they do here - you can tell. Service is friendly and efficient.

Florentines are almonds, dark chocolate and a coating of buttery sugar melted on them. You just have to try... and you can just get one. In fact, I got two the other day and it came to just around $1.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Good, and fresh, baked goods. The custard filled "Bismark" is tasty and fresh. The staff always smile.

Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

I am proud to say I know the owners of this Bakery. Walking in, you are greeted with smells of all kinds; cookies, bread, cakes. The staff welcomes you immediately. Be prepared to walk out with bags of delicious sweets. You will probably sample each on your walk or drive home.