“So far beyond our wildest hopes...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Homestead

The Homestead
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Evanston
London
“So far beyond our wildest hopes...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I cannot find the words to describe our first reaction to seeing the rooms into which we were welcomed. We took at least twenty minutes to explore and marvel at every corner of glorious comfort and convenience! Eight lovely nights were subsequently spent enjoying the splendour - of the rooms, of the delicious and wide-ranging breakfast feast that followed and of the warmth and helpfulness of the staff at all hours. Had we not been so beautifully looked after by all at the Homestead, I do not think we would have been able to have enjoyed this adventure in Chicago one half as much as we did. Thank you all infinitely.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

It was an absolute delight staying at the Homestead. The staff were friendly, welcoming and went out of their way to help us feel comfortable and at home. The room was beautiful - fantastically furnished, always clean and spacious. It's location, gorgeous and highly practical for getting around. Oh and breakfast was great - what a great way to start the day! it was all the things it claimed to be on paper and much much more, I was very sad to say goodbye.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I recently returned from visiting Chicago, and was staying at The Homestead in Evanston. I couldn't have stayed at a more welcoming, comfortable, luxuriuous, clean and well-managed place. It's amazing that the service generally was of such a high quality, but also so down to earth and friendly. The room was gorgeous, the breakfast delicious and the staff were very helpful and kind. Would undoubtedly go back there to stay again, and I couldn't reccomend it enough. Its right in the centre of Evanston, and only 30mins on the train to downton Chicago. Perfect if you want to spend days and nights in Chicago, to then return somewhere restful and homesteadly when you've had enough!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JFortuneL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

We came to The Homestead for 10 days in May, and had an exceptional trip. The facilities are fantastic - wonderful, spacious, comfortable rooms, a great gym, and a hearty breakfast - and the staff are amongst the most friendly, engaging and helpful I've encountered. A great area, with lovely local shops and a nice variety of activities (including our favourite, the beach); This was my first stay in the Chicago area, and if/when I return, I will most certainly be giving the Homestead a call.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

This was our first trip to Chicago and we were calling The Homestead home after the first evening there. The staff are all incredibly friendly and the rooms are beautiful - light, spacious, clean and fully equipped. It's really well located. The neighbourhood is wonderful to walk around, it's right near the beach and also near a lovely old church which has fairy lights shining at night. Great breakfast as well, and we felt so happy in the hotel room we hardly wanted to leave! Definitely didn't want to leave at the end of the stay...thank you!

Room Tip: Take a walk around the neighbourhood at night!
Louisville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

When I arrived in Evanston I was immediately happy with the area. A short walk to the lake, numerous cafes and restaurants within walking distance, easy parking all greeted me as I began my luxurious stay at the Homestead. When I walked into the building I was greeted by a welcoming receptionist and headed over to the picturesque elevator that looked like it was from the glamour era of the 1920's. When I arrived at my room and opened the door I was delighted to realize that the room was basically an apartment. A full living room, kitchenette, dinning room table, dishwasher, a huge bedroom, and cozy bathroom with most closet space I've ever encountered in a hotel. I immediately felt at home as I looked out of the picturesque window into the beautiful surroundings I had just entered from. I told my friends I was ready to move in!

Then I went downstairs to the restaurant. The food was gourmet and the desserts were an assortment of pastries I would expect to find in the likes of Paris. The service was friendly and prompt in both the restaurant and the room as well as the fact the receptionist was always willing and able to help out with the questions that I had.

My stay at the homestead in was exquisite and I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ariadneconner
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

The Homestead captures the elegance of time past with all the modern conveniences of your own home. The location in Evanston is within the Chicago metro area, yet just blocks from Northeastern University, the hotel has the feel of being in the country. The location makes it easy to grab healthy fare from the health food grocer just two blocks away. Then you can return to your apartment suite, cook your dinner and eat formally at the table or relax in the living area space. After the short two blocks to the lake, you can return to submerge yourself in one of the deepest bathtubs I've seen in all my travels. Luxury, solitude, a staff who appreciates working in this hotel that you will not (most unfortunately) find anywhere else. THE place to get away in the Chicago area!

Room Tip: Streetside are the best view rooms.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
Margarita European Inn
Margarita European Inn
#4 of 8 in Evanston
Hilton Orrington/Evanston
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Holiday Inn Chicago North Evanston
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore

Been to The Homestead? Share your experiences!