“Authentic mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Doesn't look much from the outside but on the inside you get good service and food. well worth a visit

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We hadn't been to That Little Mexican Cafe in a few years. It didn't impress us before, but we gave it another chance. We has high expectations when we saw the prices but were very disappointed. The salad ($12) had no dressing, and huge chunks of bland fruit. The scallops were overcooked. Guacamole was awesome, but not a reason to visit TLMC. This is another example of an Evanston restaurant charging city prices without delivering the same high quality and taste.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I've been to this restaurant ~ 6 times over the past 4 years (don't live near). I wish the restaurant were closer to my home - I'd visit much more often. The menu choices range from typical to unique. The quality of the food has always been excellent. I have never been disappointed. the flavors are tasty with just the right level of spice. The service is good and if you like margarita's go for one of the daily specials. When I am in the area and have a taste for Mexican, this is the place I go.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 31, 2008

Great table-side guacamole and excellent margaritas. I recommend the sweet potato flautas.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook