“Cute from the outside”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Food was less than mediocre, and service was slow.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We stopped here on St. Patricks Day for dinner...it was a busy place but we got our food quickly. Good food and good beer selection- what else could a person ask for?

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stopped there for lunch and had excellent food at a reasonable price. The pulled pork sandwich was delicious, and the grilled salmon sandwich was superb.

Service was quick and friendly. Food was great.

Reviewed March 16, 2011

the service and kindness of waitress and bartender caitlin ,made this place a great experience-she should be mngr if not already.the atmosphere and overall freindliness,food and price-very impressed.Iwas here 39 years ago the day joined the u.s. navy-great then,even better now.Caitlin your one class act.
all the best cal shummon
ilcongressionalveterans-liaison

1  Thank SEAFALCON1956
Reviewed February 3, 2009

This place made the list. The list is a bad thing to make. Brian was our server. He appeared to have an attitude from the beginning. I really don't know why. He reminded me of Ross on Friends.
I ordered a drink...asked if there were specials. He said, "There weren't any drink specials." I got a Fat Tire. It was, actually, probably the best Fat Tire I tasted. Everything other than that, however, was negative.
The food special: Philly Cheese Steak. I told him to hold the mushrooms...asked if I could get green peppers, instead. He told me they didn't have any, eventhough, the special listed beneath mine, had green peppers listed. What kind of place doesn't have green peppers? I think he was lying. For $10.95, I got a Philly Cheese Steak and fries...not a large portion, either. It tasted so so. I had a much better Philly Cheese at Burger Town on Montrose for $5.50 and got a drink and fries too.
The waiter had to be told to get us water, twice. He never checked up on us. He didn't bring any condiments, until I asked him to. He didn't ask us if we wanted any refills of water or beers, although he walked by our table several times. I was pissed.
Avoid this place. If you want a good dining experience go to Nevin's...better prices and real good service. Next door is Prairie Moon and that is real neat place, with great food, and atmosphere. They actually take pride in their product.

1  Thank Chimchim68