“Don't miss this custard!”

Andy's Frozen Custard
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Evanston
Description: Andy's Frozen Custard is a quick service frozen dessert business. We are a freestanding restaurant with drive through and walk-up service windows. We sell delicious frozen custard treats. Andy's has a wide variety of treats from simple vanilla or chocolate cones to seasonal favorites like our Pumpkin Pie Concretes and Strawberry Shortcake Sundaes.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Local Evanston and Northwestern student favorite in heart of downtown Evanston! Best frozen custard I've ever had. Reminds me of how good ice cream used to taste. Fresh, clean flavors with no artificial aftertaste. I'm old school and like things straight up. Love their simple vanilla custard with fresh strawberries, or hot fudge, or both! The place was busy; but, the line moves quickly. Staff is fast and efficient. Worth the calories, whatever they are! Next time you visit your college kids, take them there after having a nice dinner in Evanston or better yet, let them treat you!

There are newer reviews for Andy's Frozen Custard

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lots of things to try here, but I zeroed in on the butter pecan concrete. Obviously, a hot summer day draws a crowd here, but the staff gets the line moving fairly quickly.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Great treat in the heart of Evanston. Really delicious custard made into, mixers, shakes, sundaes. What ever you prefer. Good people watching spot too.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I get frozen custard from Culver's all the time but this brings it up a notch. I especially love the Frozen Custard Paired with Strawberry Italian Ice - it is a good combination especially on a warm/hot day. However, the serving size is not consistent. The last time it seemed rushed and I barely got enough Strawberry Italian Ice and Frozen Yogurt - it was a bit rushed so I think that's why my serving so was a bit short. I don't like this because it costs a little bit more and the extra cost shouldn't just be for the better quality but also for the the serving size and service.
Parking can be a little tricky since this is downtown Evanston but during the lunch period you can still find a spot but may have to pay the meter - 25cents for 15 minutes. Even if you had to walk a block to park, it's a pleasant walk and lots to see with all the stores and restaurants. Sometimes, this is the best way to discover new places - that's how I found this place!
There is a ton on ice cream/frozen yogurt combinations that I probably will try like the Blueberry Concrete with fresh blueberries.
In the last several visits, the housekeeping needs attention. The tables need to be wiped more often and the floors could use periodic sweeping (it was the same issue my last visit in April). It wasn't super busy so there is no excuse why someone can't take literally five minutes to wipe the tables and sweep between customers. Other than than, everything seems really good about this restaurant - good location, good vibe, and good offerings.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

so we live where there is no frozen custard. to us this is better than icecream - and decided we like it plan better than w stuff so one can taste how good it is. Need some franchises in California please.