“So many drinks to choose from!”

Joy Yee's Noodle Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 279 Restaurants in Evanston
Spring, Texas
“So many drinks to choose from!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My visit to Joy Yee was definitely a unique dining experience. The tables are very close together and the place is quite noisy. Service was friendly and efficient. The menu was very extensive and a bit overwhelming. We decided to play it safe with out choices and I wasn't too impressed. Spring rolls were just ok. Was a little disappointed that I couldn't get a traditional spring roll with Shrimp and pork. I was told by the server that they removed the pork because of complaints. The vermicelli bowl was just okay. The serving was ridiculously big and my grilled pork didn't have the char I am use to from other places. The fish sauce was also a little on the sweet sauce. The drinks were great. I had the Vietnamese iced coffee and it packed quite the punch. Overall, it was okay. Maybe more suited for a hungry college crowd.

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, IL
“Humongeous Pan Asian Variety”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We liked the great variety of Pan-Asian offerings, Vietnam, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and and many more. Huge drink menu for a big variety of smoothies, fruit drinks, and similar drinks, "bubble" drinks, and regular drinks (two large menu pages just for the drinks). A numbered picture menu as the servers do not always understand you. The food was very good, and the service was quick. The main feature is the great variety of dishes from just about every Asian country.

Visited May 2014
Mexico City, Mexico
“Come very very hungry”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Their portions are as huge as their menu. Everything is delicious. The bubble tea is a must, as it is made with real fruit. Try the mango tapioca freeze.

• Visited November 2013
Edwardsville
“Fabulous Picture Menu!”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was my first time eating here. The menu was kind of overwhelming, sooo many choices. The pictures of the menu choices were very helpful in making a choice. The curry choices were the best of all (see photo). The portions were very generous.
Since the temp outside was -12 F I did not feel like trying one of the many Boba drinks, but would recommend them. They looked very good.
Don't skip this place if you like Asian food!

• Visited January 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Ptomaine domain. Surly staff. Yuk!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This place is filthy. I mean come on guys, buy a broom and use it. If the staff here are so lax to let the front of the house get this dirty, I don’t even want to think about what’s going on in the kitchen. Lest you dismiss me as some Adrian Monk clean freak. I’ll just say that I like a dive joint. And I often eat in places my wife wrinkles her nose at. But when you see staff using a grimy grey rag to swipe quarter size chicken bits off the table top and on to the floor, it’s a bit of a stomach turner. .

In the two or three times we’ve visited, the servers and others we encountered displayed that charming combination of despair, apathy and snark that are the hallmark of any good service business.

Yes it’s cheap, and the menu is voluminous (and as easy to breeze through as a Sunday Times crossword) but that room with the littered floor, DMV lighting and walls the color of Kermit The Frog’s backside are just too much for me.

• Visited October 2013