“Ptomaine domain. Surly staff. Yuk!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Korean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Ptomaine domain. Surly staff. Yuk!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This place is filthy. I mean come on guys, buy a broom and use it. If the staff here are so lax to let the front of the house get this dirty, I don’t even want to think about what’s going on in the kitchen. Lest you dismiss me as some Adrian Monk clean freak. I’ll just say that I like a dive joint. And I often eat in places my wife wrinkles her nose at. But when you see staff using a grimy grey rag to swipe quarter size chicken bits off the table top and on to the floor, it’s a bit of a stomach turner. .

In the two or three times we’ve visited, the servers and others we encountered displayed that charming combination of despair, apathy and snark that are the hallmark of any good service business.

Yes it’s cheap, and the menu is voluminous (and as easy to breeze through as a Sunday Times crossword) but that room with the littered floor, DMV lighting and walls the color of Kermit The Frog’s backside are just too much for me.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Lots of choices....lots of food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter took me here while I was visiting her aat college. The menu is almost overwhelming with all of the choices listed. If you can't find something you don't like Asian food. The amount you get is quite substantial. Perfect for my college kid to end up with her leftovers and mine.
The colors are a bit garish and the shared tables layout reminds me of some of the restaurants in Times Square in NYC. OK for college students and families.

• Visited September 2013
“Oodles of noodles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Noodles, pan Asian delights and plenty of it! The food options are delicious and vast. Don't miss the fresh and fruity smoothies!

• Visited September 2013
Evanston, Illinois
“Giant menu and a Chinatown experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We eat here, or do takeout, fairly often. The food is always good - and the dishes are made the same way every time which isn't true at some Restaurants (different cooks). Try the Korean short ribs, pineapple fried rice, salad rolls and the wonton soup. When I'm sick, I want that soup!

• Visited July 2013
Evanston, Illinois
“Great food for the price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a college student, so finding a place with delicious food for a good price is a must! This restaurant is one of my favorites and I come here all the time. Maybe too often if you ask my waistline. I highly recommend the bubble teas, especially with the "popping boba"! I always order the sesame chicken and it is always reasonably good. This place is always hoppin' but the waitstaff is very attentive. The menu is veryyyy large and full of variety. It's amazing how fast your food comes sometimes, too. Usually I get mine in less than 5 minutes! If you don't feel like waiting you can order to-go and get your food in 5-10 minutes as well.

• Visited August 2013