“Giant menu and a Chinatown experience”

Joy Yee's Noodle Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 297 Restaurants in Evanston
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We eat here, or do takeout, fairly often. The food is always good - and the dishes are made the same way every time which isn't true at some Restaurants (different cooks). Try the Korean short ribs, pineapple fried rice, salad rolls and the wonton soup. When I'm sick, I want that soup!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I am a college student, so finding a place with delicious food for a good price is a must! This restaurant is one of my favorites and I come here all the time. Maybe too often if you ask my waistline. I highly recommend the bubble teas, especially with the "popping boba"! I always order the sesame chicken and it is always reasonably good. This place is always hoppin' but the waitstaff is very attentive. The menu is veryyyy large and full of variety. It's amazing how fast your food comes sometimes, too. Usually I get mine in less than 5 minutes! If you don't feel like waiting you can order to-go and get your food in 5-10 minutes as well.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

when you walk in this gem, you have to remind yourself that you are in a small mid-west city, not asia. of course the diverse clientele and multi-clutural menu is easily explained by the fact that this is practically a Northwestern student outpost and many asians call Chicago (and Evanston) their home. Wow. Feel like vietnamese? order a fresh, basil accented entree, or choose some authentic malaysian dish. the choices are overwhelming. the fresh fruit asian freezes and blended tea drinks with "boba" are the best in the area. join the fun.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Love coming here for everyone to have something different! This trip we ordered the Pho, spring rolls, chicken and green beans, & yummy noodles dish. Their fresh fruit smoothies are great, ESP the mango! Read that the tapioca balls which you can have put into the smoothies are not too healthy for you because of how they are made so now avoid those.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not a bad pit stop for having assorted Asian cuisine and relaxing with refreshing bubble tea.

The bubble tea here never disappoints. Sizes are significant, and I'd like to think they use real fruit. My friends and I usually frequent Joy Yee's more for the drinks than the food. But the food isn't bad either. I've had quite a number of dishes here before, but don't remember all their names. The chow funs and chow udon noodles are generally pretty good. There's just way too many items on their menu, so I'd suggest asking your server for recommendations.

Joy Yee's is always a lively place, and it's affordable and tasty.