“Excellent Food”

Joy Yee's Noodle Kitchen
Ranked #21 of 297 Restaurants in Evanston
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The food is authentic and absolutely delicious. The Hong Kong Fish Fillet is the best I ever had. BBQ Pork Chow Fun was delicious. 3 other dishes were equally delicious. Many more dishes to try next visit. No need to make the 45 minute trip to Chinatown. Seating is crowded.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I eat here about 6 times a year, last time a week ago. They have a bunch of lunch specials for $7-$9 that taste pretty good. There's a wide, flat, thick rice noodle (I think they spell it 'chow fun') that tastes great and is essential for people like my wife who are allergic to wheat. Joy Yee makes a number of dishes using this noodle. The problem is that the sauces are sweet, which is why the dishes are appealing. The vegies are cooked to a point where they're softer than I like them - no crunch. YMMV on the sweetness and softness. I'm not sure if the staff know English very well - my friend and my wife haven't gotten useful answers from them.

They specialize in tapioca/fruit drinks, but I've never indulged. On this visit, I was thinking of ordering one, but the waiter didn't give me more than a few seconds of his attention. (The customer he jumped to, who was visible over my friend's shoulder, was ... um ... distracting, even though she was sitting quietly.)

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Food is good and there is a great variety. The bubble teas, etc. are yummy. It can get crowded and sometimes a little noisy. Service is quick.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Since visiting Evanston regularly to visit my son who attends NU, Joy Yee is a regular stop EVERY TIME. The won ton soup and lemongrass chicken wings are amazing. A must order is the strawberry pearl with the fruit top. Crowded, noisy, and full of great atmosphere. Jam packed with Northwestern students -- the place is full of life!

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Big portions but quality can vary. Don't get the orange beef. It's somehow fried and too doughy. The fried noodles are good and crispy