“Good food, great price”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had a quick dinner here one evening in May 2013 on the way back to my hotel from the nearby UPS Store.

I chose the Japanese udon noodles with optional marinated steak. And a big glass of water. Total came to $8.92. You order at the counter and they bring you your entree. You get your own drink.

Service was average, it was around 6 pm and the place wasn't all that busy. But the staff was cheerful and helpful. My order took about ten minutes from order to service.

The bowl of noodles came topped with bean sprouts and a large sprig of cilantro. It was served hot, but not uncomfortably so. The noodles were al dente and quite tasty. There wasn't a lot of marinated steak in the serving but I wouldn't say there wasn't enough. The meal was well balanced and I enjoyed it.

I imagine this place is popular with the Northwestern student body. I wanted to have a meal here for some time and glad I got the chance. There are many good food choices in this town but not many can deliver this good a product at such a modest cost. Noodles and Company goes on my thumbs-up list for udon.

There are newer reviews for Noodles & Company

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Well, since i am a pasta person, I almost spent everyday of my 8 days visit eating at noodles and company, the portion was perfect, great value of money, i'm still dreaming of it :):).. the staff were friendly and the place was clean..

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have been to several Noodles & Company locations and I have never been disappointed. This location on Church St.is in a very nice area near the train and subway stations. The menu features many pasta dishes as well as a few salads, soups and sandwiches. My son got his favorite, the Pad Thai Noodles, which he always finds to be delicious. I got a small salad and soup, both of which I found to be very tasty. The service was very efficient and the prices are excellent for what you get. I like the fact that I can order, pay and then sit down to wait for my food. Noodles also seems to have a no-tip policy, which eliminates any awkwardness in this respect and saves cost. The self-serve drink machine was also of the newer techy types allowing selection of many different types of drinks. It is not often I am able to get Club Soda at a restaurant of this type. This is a very good choice for lunch or a more informal dinner if you are in downtown Evanston.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This particular location is one I will visit again. The food was tasty and arrived quickly. The price is right and everyone enjoyed their choices. I ate at a different location for lunch a few days later and the quality was not as good. Try it...you'll like it.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I enjoyed Noodles and Company. It is a great place for a quick bite. It is inexpensive and the noodles are delicious!