“I'm Hungry -- Still”

Dozika
Ranked #66 of 297 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've been here a number of times, primarily with sibs-in-law when they are in from back east, and with our grown-up kids. Several are vegan or vegetarian, so finding restaurants to please all is tricky business. Everyone likes it, except me. I just can't find anything appealing on the menu. Mind you, I love Asian food, but to my pallet everything is pretty flavorless. I think I usually just order pad Thai as a default. Can't deny the food is fresh and presentation good, but it tastes boring.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This pan-Asian restaurant in Evanston is a little gem. The food is fresh and well prepared, the portions are generous and the prices are quite reasonable. I enjoyed a ginger chicken with brown rice, and asked for it to be spicy. It was delicious and wonderfully hot. My dinner mate had a salmon dish that came complete with miso soup. The atmosphere is pleasant and the wait staff are very attentive and timely. Unfortunately, we oredered a bottle of red wine with dinner -- the cabernet savignon, which was incredibly sweet and pretty undrinkable. I would definitely go back again -- I'd just order beer to go with my entre.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Wow! This place is phenomenal!

This was THE BEST Asian food I've had in I can't remember when. We had the tempura dinner and I don't think I've ever had better tempura- very light, crispy, flavorful with wonderful sauce. But THE ABSOLUTE BEST was the "Crispy and Soft Noodle" entree- doesn't sound like much from the name but it was amazing! I love panang curry and when I first looked at the menu, didn't find it. This was like panang curry but better than I've ever had. Mix of crispy and soft noodles as the name suggests with flavor similar to panang but even better. Then we had the Pad See Iew which is always a standard for me. Must confess- I was so full with the other 2 I didn't even try it but we have plenty of leftovers.

We had a Groupon and I'm so glad we did. I've driven by this restaurant many times and when it first opened, thought it was a bar- somehow the logo looked like a cocktail glass from a distance. Hadn't tried it till tonight but promise- we will be back! So nice when a Groupon introduces you to a new place that you will continue to enjoy.

And the service was awesome! They couldn't have been friendlier or faster or more accommodating.

I just can't say enough positive. Just looking forward to our next visit!
Thank you Dozika!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

They had a roach on the wall right where we were sitting. When we pointed that thing out, the girl came with a chair and a towel in her hand. She was trying to catch the roach right in front of us (they did not offer to move us, neither have they appologized). Horrible, will never come back there again.

1  Thank liya s
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This is one of my neighborhood stand-byes. The menu is extensive, with Thai, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese dishes. The sushi is fresh, eye-appealing, and good. Lots of good to very good interpretations of noodle dishes. The last time I ate there I had the tempura soba--a big, seemingly bottomless bowl of soba noodles in a yummy broth with average, but not excellent shrimp and vegetable tempura on the side. My partner recommends avoiding the bibimbop, but that's the only thing either of us have had that wasn't pretty darned good. The vibe is neighborhood downscale comfortable. The service is attentive. The prices are very reasonable.