“Excelllent in every respect.”
Review of Dave's Italian Kitchen - CLOSED

Dave's Italian Kitchen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Dave's Italian Kitchen is B.Y.O.B.!
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Dave's is my favorite restaurant. I have never eaten in a more comfortable place-- except for my mom's. The atmosphere is casual. The service is friendly and efficient. The food is tasty and a great value. Try the spinach ricotta cheese pie for $9 with a $19 bottle of Hess chardonnay. (Why is my bar bill always higher than my food bill?) Dave's is a bit of a drive from my home but I make the trip whenever I can.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This Italian eatery has been in existence, in one location or another in Downtown Evanston, for at least forty years that I know of....and I have happily munched my way through many miles of pasta and other simply but deliciously prepared Italian classics since the 1970's. The food is always made with the best ingrediants and though not fancy is excellent and very consistent. The pastas and variety of house made sauces, the soups, the chicken and beef/veal dishes are all quite literally just like Grandma used to make-always assuming Grandma was from Naples. The staff is also excellent, many having been nurtured from busing tables through waiting and on to supervisor positions; some have been there for decades. The location near Northwestern Universtiy assures a cheerful mob of diners daily and as reservations are not accepted try to get there early. Alternatively, try to make sure that your entire party is there as they prefer not to seat incomplete parties due to their bustling business. For a cheap and honest place "par mangiare, look no farther than Dave's...and the wine list is good as well...and BYOB by all means for a reasonable corkage fee.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Dave's has been around for a second generation to enjoy. Been there a dozen times and still love it. Best pizza and pasta sauces I've ever had.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Red and white tablecloths, good wine list and good Italian food. The carbonara must have a half pound of bacon cooked in it. The meatballs are huge and tasty. Very affordable and a great family location.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We've been eating at Dave's for many, many years. The pasta, lamb chops, chicken and salads are always home-made and tasty.