“Great tapas!”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

One of my favorite restaurants. You often need a reservation for dinner, but we went for lunch today after being trapped inside by snow and cold weather for two days. Only two other tables were occupied. Among my favorites are the pincho de solomillo (chicken on a skewer), pincho de solomillo (beef on a skewer), scallops, mussels, queso de cabra (goat cheese and tomato sauce), dates wrapped in bacon, pitisu con helado (similar to profiteroles, vanilla ice cream in a cream puff with chocolate sauce), and the sangria.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Always a favorite place for the family to have a meal. Parking in the area the pain at times but worth the trouble. Small thing.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Tapas Barcelona is a great place to take out of town guests. No matter what ones' food preference they will find something they like there.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This was my second visit in two months. The first was just for a few tapas and it was great. The second was for a full dinner, and it was one of the best meals I've had in years - if not ever. For a restaurant to consistently deliver, with an extensive menu that requires quick turnaround of exquisitely crafted dishes, is no easy feat.

The ambience is funky cool, with homemade paintings featuring the restaurant's name interspersed with Spanish art and posters. The staff appears to be entirely Spanish/Castillan. For a busy restaurant, service is at once fast but unhurried. Tapas come as they are ready. Paella takes a while and they warn you, but listen up:

I've eaten throughout Spain. I've had what I thought was the best paella I could ever have in Madrid. This was better. We had the Valenciana, with the freshest seafood, chorizo, and chicken, infused with the most sublime smoked paprika.)

Tapas are divided into cold and hot. On a November night with a chilly rain, we went all hot: grilled short ribs with Mexican onions and Moroccan couscous; grilled ribeye with potatoes and onions in a red wine sauce; fried calamari and shrimp. On a previous visit I'd had the patatas bravas and grilled garlic shrimp. Not only was every tapa perfection, but each was enough for an entrée in itself. For instance, the grilled ribeye had to be 6-7 oz. with a side of potatoes - and it was only $8.50.

That's the bonus of this place - the prices are amazing. With three tapas, one paella to share, and four drinks, I think we paid $60 before tip. We finished the three tapas and barely half the paella.

I wish there were a place like this in my home town.

(And no, I have no affiliation with the restaurant and this is a wholly independent review. I am a freelance food and travel writer and I appreciate a great meal. This was definitely one.)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went with a large group for late night dinner. We probably ordered at last one of every tapas plates they had on the menu and all were excellent. The grilled octopus was a particularly well loved dish as were the bacon-wrapped dates.

The paella valenciana was excellent (but takes time to prepare, so expect to wait ~30 minutes from the time you order it).

The service was extremely attentive and kept the food coming at a very fast pace.

The sangria is also quite good.

Prices are extremely reasonable.