“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hinman
Transit: Take the Purple Line to Davis Street. We are 5 blocks east on Hinman and Davis
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The service was very slow. My husband's order of ribs were inedible. The potatoes on the planked salmon were cold. This place is really overrated.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

For the hype this should have been a killer meal. Presenting the fresh fish on a platter as if to say "order me!" is a touch borrowed from the Smith & Wolensky's of the culinary world. DSF largely failed to deliver. It wasn't so much the food, as it was passable and sometimes very tasty - to wit the desserts and Arctic char!
But sloppy service, a long wait between seating and the first morsel of food hitting the table, and a bit of attitude from the server when there was no reason for it leads me to say...not again!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Friendness from making the reservations to being seated was top notch. The free valet parking was important as street parking is limited. Alaskan Scar and shrimp scampi was excellent. Only criticism was large portions. I am 200 pounds and brought half the scampi home for another meal. We were most impressed as we were leaving to see the hostess sprying and wiping off each menu. With the cold and flu season on us, we appreciated this extra effort.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We regularly eat at Davis Street Fishmarket and enjoy their fried calamari, salads, and fresh fish. We always enjoy their drinks as well as the food. Atmosphere is great either in the bar or restaurant.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I am new to the Evanston area. Everyone told me this place was amazing. Maybe my bar was set too high, but I thought it was average. It was good. I just wouldn't consider it excellent.