“Very Tasty”
Review of Blind Faith Cafe

Blind Faith Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Blind Faith Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 283 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Chicago
Transit: Dempster Street CTA, Davis Street Metra North line.
Description: Serving globally inspired menus, Blind Faith is a certified green restaurant transforming the way people enjoy vegetarian cuisine. Just twenty-five minutes from downtown Chicago and only blocks from Northwestern's Evanston campus, our dinning rooms offer a casual warmth perfect for any occasion.
Columbus, Ohio
“Very Tasty”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We are visiting Chicago and wanted to stay away from chain restaurants. I love to try local restaurants serving fresh food. This met that criteria. We had the hummus to start. Very delicious! My husband actually says it is the best he's ever had. They are in the midst of a menu change from summer to fall, so we shared a beet and pear salad. It too was quite tasty. My husband had the fajitas and I had the basil pesto pasta. The portion size is very generous and we could have split an entree since we had a starter and a salad. We enjoyed both dishes. The green beans and peppers in my pasta were very fresh and crisp.

We are very glad we found this restaurant and will definitely return when visiting again.

• Visited October 2013

Chicago
“wondering if they have a new chef? food isn't as good these days”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place is one of my favorite go-to restaurants on the north shore but I have to say, over the past six months my sense is that the kitchen has lost its touch.... Their tempeh and tofu dishes -- what I always order -- feel predictable, cliched... most recently I ordered a Mexican dish, having more or less given up on the stir-fries. It was boring -- too much cumin and overwhelmed with cheese. The light touch and creative seasoning that I appreciated for so long about Blind Faith appear to be gone. I don't know what's happened in the kitchen but I hope the problems are only temporary.

• Visited September 2013
Waukegan, Illinois
“Simple food with full flavor”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good spot for vegetarians. The food is simple not over the top, but full with flavor. Service is good and the restaurant has a nice vibe to it. Great place for everyday food.

• Visited September 2013
Lewis Center, Ohio
“Beautiful Atmosphere and Food with Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

If you are looking for something different yet tasty or think vegetarian cuisine isn't satisfying, try this restaurant! Even the water tastes fresh and clean. Everyone in the group had a different entree, and they were all excellent! I had the soup of the day which was quinoa with carrots, celery and beans in a vegetable broth. The beans were pureed to provide a thicker, very pleasant consistency to the soup. I shared my brother's Black Bean, Tofu and Vegetables in Lime Coconut sauce entree. The flavor was very light with just a hint of lime and coconut-delicious. I've eaten at this restaurant many times over the years, and I think it just gets better every time I go.

• Visited August 2013
illinois
“Nice decor, yummy food,”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I, both vegan, visited on a Saturday around 9pm. There was no wait, but unfortunately the outside seating was already closed. We started with the potstickers, which were a bit bland but generally tasty. We decided to share both the stuffed avocado and the Mongolian stirfry. The portions were very generous. The stuffed avocado had a fresh, green flavor to it and an amazing sauce which I really enjoyed. The Mongolian stirfry was billed as spicy, but we found it to be more of a sweet sauce rather than spicy. Never the less, it was delicious. We would order both entrees again. For dessert, we had the peanut butter chocolate cake. Do yourself a favor, order the cake! It was so rich and wonderful!
The restaurant is a bit pricey, but the food is very good. We will definitely be back!

• Visited July 2013