“Awesome Quick lunch Downtown Evanston”
Review of Lulu's Dim Sum & Then Sum - CLOSED

Lulu's Dim Sum & Then Sum
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I met friends for lunch at LuLu's recently. The service is friendly and fast. We shared 3 dishes and had plenty to eat. The Green Beans are to die for - also suggest the shrimp tempura and pot stickers! A funcky fun wholesome place with windows looking out on the square in Evanston. A true favorite new lunch place.

Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Maybe it's me but everything I order here is deep fried and burned/overdone. I want to like (love) this place but can't and for my own health will not be back after being a customer for many years.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lulu's has some really eclectic pan-asian goodies and the best way to enjoy them is lunch on the weekend or dinner on Mondays and Tuesdays because they have the "munch a bunch" deal where you can have all you can eat for a fixed price. This allows you to try almost everything on the menu and everything is really delicious. We especially enjoy the ramen soup, Vietnamese noodle salad, chop chae and pork bao. You have to try the sesame balls for dessert!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

While in Evanston, I visited Lulu's. Located near the central part of the town, the restaurant offers a choice of Asian dishes, with an emphasis on noodles, dim sum, and fusion dishes. For my main dish, I ordered a Chicken Pao with an appetizer of shrimp/crab wontons. The Chicken was undistinguished and somewhat disappointing: tasty, but too much spice without the flavors I would expect. The wontons suffered from a similar fate. Nice looking without spectacular flavor. The redeeming factors-- service was excellent. My waitress was very helpful and attentive. I found the decor comfortable and pleasant. Altough it was crowded, the noise was not distracting.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The food is fresh and tasty, the service takes too long to bring it, and they are Distracted!