“Soul With Class”
Review of Chicago Chicken & Waffles - CLOSED

Chicago Chicken & Waffles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 14, 2013

A huge menu of southern cookin' classics served in an upscale contemporary eatery. The fried chicken was perfection - a thin, crisp outer crust sealing in juicy, flavorful meat. The accompanying waffles were not the lighter-than-air version typically served at pancake houses. These heavy, dense "manhole covers" were absolutely delicious and a splendid accompaniment to the bird. A dinner salad ordered as a side easily fed two; the only minus was the dressing which came in a foil package. Service was friendly and attentive. The live jazz was yet another pleasant surprise. Sweet potato pie and peach cobbler beckoned, but alas, we were too stuffed to indulge.

There are newer reviews for Chicago Chicken & Waffles

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have mixed feeling about Chicken & Waffles. This was our very first visit here with a Living Social coupon. This place has been open 8 months and they have yet to get their act together. The restaurant was virtually empty, had only one waitress, a manager who was running around like a chicken with his head cut off ,and perhaps, the owner who did nothing. I ordered the catfish dinner and my husband had some sort of dish which featured chicken, eggs and potatoes. I will had to admit my meal was divine: Everything cooked to perfection, the sides all hot and plentiful (mac n' cheese, yams and potato salad). My husband's meal was a bust. The chicken was cold and the potatoes were soaked in gravy yet he did not complain. The waitress was working in slow motion. She never came around to ask if we wanted drink refills, had to ask for both butter for the corn bread and tartar sauce. The tartar sauce came in those tiny packets which was surprising for a restaurant serving catfish....the staff acted like they couldn't be bothered with us and the couple times they asked if everything was okay, but didn't stick around long enough to wait for an answer. Not that we had a time frame, but the wait for everything was terribly long....even getting change was a wait. It took over 1-1/2 hours to complete our meal. I would not mind coming back (with coupon) but my husband says no way! BTW, he got sick when he got home.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Very interesting menu with nice twists and turns without being goofy. Top notch service and a nice upscale yet casual atmosphere.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was a Sunday Morning No line no wait!!!! they were able to seat all 7 of us at one table!! the menu was super budget friendly!!! Next time imma eat there every morning! So much to choose from on the menu! Our server was excellent!!! he told me to try the home fries!!! they were off the chain!!! Everything served there was fresh and seasoned to perfection!!! BE ADVISED!!! if you arrive after 1030am you will be standing in line!!! WAITING for a seat!!! Come early!!! Biggg portions!!! Tasty!! if your visiting Chicago this is a MUST FOR SOULFUL DINING!

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This place was great... I love the fact that it was on the border of Evanston and Skokie. They were many combinations to choose from. I have the two piece dark meat with one waffle. It was simple yet delicious. The decor is simply divine.. you would never expect it to look the way it does have inside from that part of the neighborhood. The next time we go will be on the weekend where they have live jazz music.