“Good food and good service”
Review of Terra American Bistro - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Livingston
Chicago
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went there with 6 people. It was a birthday celebration dinner for my kids. We went on a Sunday night. We got seated at our reserved time. Service was prompt and good. Our waiter was on top of everything. Drinks were served right away. We ordered appetizers dates with bacon which were awesome. These were the only appetizers worth the price of getting. We ordered the pork tacos and there was only two for around 9 bucks. Then we ordered the "special appetizer" of tomato with ricotta with reduced balsamic dressing drizzled on. Funny, for 9 bucks, we received two thin slices of tomato with a side of ricotta and the dressing. I would have thought we could receive a bushel of tomatoes for the price?? This appetizer did not go far. The meals were good. We ordered Jambalaya, meatloaf, filet, salmon, tenderloin tips and a burger. The food was good but small in portions for the price. Dessert was very good and comped for the birthday kids which was a nice gesture.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ChicagoDublin

Highland Park, IL
“Nice Bistro, Good food and service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This relatively new bistro has an interesting and creative menu with a variety of choices. We enjoyed whitefish and tuna. waitress was very personable and helpful. Made it a fun night. Free valet parking. Good place for an enjoyable dinner in the burbs.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank BlueDuke
Highland Park, IL
“Average and Not More”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went there with fairly high expectations of finding something special ... I came away disappointed. The ambience was pleasant enough and the servers were enthusiastic, but the food did not quite make it. I ordered their signature Bouillabaisse and found it bland and with a few mussels (nice mussels though) and nothing else that I recall. Other dishes were somewhat better, with a nice cheese appetizer. The portions were small. Overall, it was average and not more.

• Visited May 2013
Park Ridge, IL
“Can't stop thinking about the food!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our first visit here got off to a rocky start as we were seated 25 minutes after our reservation on a Saturday night. Our server was attentive and friendly. The bacon wrapped dates were the best dates I have ever eaten (but very rich). One serving was enough for our party. As a main course, I had portabello stuffed with vegetables and goat cheese--a vegetarian offering. As good as it was, I couldn't finish it. My mouth is watering as I write this thinking about enjoying my leftovers tonight at home. It was that delicious. Then I enjoyed a banana dessert which was reminiscent of bananas foster. Again, thoughts of it make my mouth water. Although I am not a wine drinker, the connoisseurs at the table were well pleased with the wine selection. Even the flatbread served at the table was tasty. Had it not been for the delayed seating, I would probably have given 5 stars. The parking lot is sort of awkwardly small with valet parking. I will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful food, a little noisy”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Dinner at Terra. Very friendly people. Food was very good. I had a ceaser salad that was just very fresh tasting. My wife had some of the best cooked foie gras ever. Server was very helpful but a little chatty. Prices were great for the quality. The place got a bit loud as it filled. But this was our second visit and we will definitely be back again.

• Visited April 2013