“Can't stop thinking about the food!”
Review of Terra American Bistro - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Livingston
Park Ridge, IL
“Can't stop thinking about the food!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our first visit here got off to a rocky start as we were seated 25 minutes after our reservation on a Saturday night. Our server was attentive and friendly. The bacon wrapped dates were the best dates I have ever eaten (but very rich). One serving was enough for our party. As a main course, I had portabello stuffed with vegetables and goat cheese--a vegetarian offering. As good as it was, I couldn't finish it. My mouth is watering as I write this thinking about enjoying my leftovers tonight at home. It was that delicious. Then I enjoyed a banana dessert which was reminiscent of bananas foster. Again, thoughts of it make my mouth water. Although I am not a wine drinker, the connoisseurs at the table were well pleased with the wine selection. Even the flatbread served at the table was tasty. Had it not been for the delayed seating, I would probably have given 5 stars. The parking lot is sort of awkwardly small with valet parking. I will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful food, a little noisy”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Dinner at Terra. Very friendly people. Food was very good. I had a ceaser salad that was just very fresh tasting. My wife had some of the best cooked foie gras ever. Server was very helpful but a little chatty. Prices were great for the quality. The place got a bit loud as it filled. But this was our second visit and we will definitely be back again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mudge828
chicago
“nice atmosphere but got sick”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Terra seems a nice addition to the many options in the area, but I got violently ill after eating there in late February. My companion and I shared a tasty scallop appetizer (he did not get sick), then I had the grilled calamari. It tasted odd, which I mentioned at the time to my companion, but since I was not familiar with the preparation, I did not send it back (although i didn't finish it).
Once I'd recovered a few days later, I called the restaurant to let them know I'd been very sick and listed what I'd eaten. The manager expressed some sympathy but said no one else had reported illness. There was no other follow up, which was an unfortunate error on the part of the management.
The atmosphere is nice, and the menu has some interesting options. I probably won't return, though, as the management missed an opportunity to make a potential 'regular' content.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank drsh99
Wilmette, Illinois
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Terra was wonderful. From the flat bread to dessert, the food was excellent. The menu was extensive and had everything from fish to meat. The service was great, and the alchoholic drinks were plentiful.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank NancyGail
Chicago, Illinois
“wait, wait, wait”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

had a reservation for 8:30. we were told that it would be a few munutes, so we headed to the bar. 40 minutes later we were seated.
manager and waitress were very apologetic and we understood that you can't ask people to leave.
food was very good and staples like meatloaf have sides and sauces that change with the season.

• Visited November 2012