“A Solid 3.5 for Mexican Food in Evanston”
Review of Taco Diablo

Taco Diablo
Ranked #25 of 284 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Opened March 2012, no website but listed on urbanspoon.com
Description: Opened March 2012, no website but listed on urbanspoon.com
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Wife and I visited a week ago and found a really cool space. We were welcomed with brick walls and a cool wood ceiling. Started at the bar with a couple of margaritas which were tasty, but not special. The food is solid, the potato taco is delicious as others have mentioned. The tacos I think were better than the mole. This is a solid neighborhood spot and a great place for a Mexican fix.

There are newer reviews for Taco Diablo

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Taco Diablo is in a small space (former Turin bike factory, I think), has a limited menu that is well thought out, fresh and creative. Tasty tacos with fillings like lamb, crispy duck, catfish, carne asada, etc. Good salads and Mexican inspired entree dishes, too. Easy to drop in, can eat at small bar, warm and friendly service, good beer menu. I always look forward to going there for a quick or not so quick bite of tasty and non-typical combinations.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The tacos were delicious. I had the three taco plate (try the potato taco - yum!) and my hubby had the carnitas torta (he said it was good, but I seemed to be into my tacos a bit more). If you're into tacos, this is a great place to see what an innovative/talented chef can do with one. They have few tacos on the menu, but each with great flavor combinations.
The restaurant is clean, which is #1 priority for me. The decor is cool and uncluttered. The service was very friendly. And they were very warm and welcoming to my 1yr. old. They may not naturally get lots of kids, but they were super cool when we walked in. High chairs and all.
I will be back.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I ate at Taco Diablo a few weeks ago and I had the same appetizer and meal and it was outstanding. The Puebla Mole Sauce is really awesome on the chicken enchiladas and the guacamole is superb. I work in Mexico a lot and in Puebla City, and I can tell you that this was real authentic-tasting mole sauce. To top it off, they have great margaritas and an excellent selection of beers. I like the atmosphere as well. Nice wall art. I give this restaurant a five fork rating, which is the highest you can get from me on a rating scale

Matthew
Evanston, IL

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Found the tacos to be very good and interesting. Lots of different flavors; but aware that everything comes out family style. The service was a bit slow and I thought that it was very pricey, yet would go back. They have lunch specials so I would probably wait to go back and take advantage of one.