“Too hot/Floor can sweat.”
Review of Akemi Fitness

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Akemi Fitness
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I had heard great things about the studio overall. Everyone said that the non-Zumba classes are great. I signed up to take the newly offered Zumba class. The room temperature is TOO HOT for Zumba class. The air conditioner is not on and there are not any fans running for this class. Some of my friends were taking the class - but have decided not to return because of the heat. I have heard from other people that they know people who have not returned for the same reason. Unfortunately, during some 2 of the classes I attended - it got so warm in the studio that the floor started to sweat making it very slippery. That happened when it was unseasonably warm outside. That is just dangerous. Not much you can do about a floor - but if it was made cooler in the room overall, this wouldn't be a problem.

During my last class - the owner came to sit in the class with her infant daughter. That would've been fine - but then she was having a conversation with the daughter of another woman working out. Hence, she was trying to talk over the music, etc. Very disrespectful and distracting to the Zumba teacher and the class. I'm certain that if the owner was teaching a class and someone did that to her - she wouldn't like it. Why should it be any different if someone else is teaching?

Why do I keep going back? Well I bought a Groupon and am just trying to live it out until I use all of my classes. Keeping my fingers crossed that can happen before it gets too warm outside - which brings the temperature up in that room and makes the floor sweat.

There are newer reviews for Akemi Fitness
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Attended a Zumba class. The staff was very nice and the workout was great. Looking forward to going back to try other classes!