“This place is great and original”
Review of Soulwich

Soulwich
Ranked #21 of 281 Restaurants in Evanston
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese, Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: A unique Singaporean inspired Sandwiches and Salads .SOON ADDING MORE UNIQUE FOOD TO OUR MENU We have been mention "Chicago Magazine" ABC7 Hungry Hound" "Serious eats Sandwich of the day Chicago"and the Daily Northwestern We use Local, Natural and Organic ingredients Our bread is made by Bennison bakery daily an award winning baker
Chicago, Illinois
“This place is great and original”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I usually am able to grab lunch at work. When Soulwich was building, I had a lot of curiosity. After they opened, I thought I would try it. I loved it! It's quite unique, all the sandwiches I've had I liked. They make their own chips, and I like the seasoning, but be warned, the Burmeese is hot - but I love it. It was not busy when it opened, but it sure is now.

The owner is a nice guy too, but he is so busy at lunch, it's hard to get in a conversation. Good for him!

• Visited September 2012

Evanston, IL
“Delicious Asian Influenced Sandwiches”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This place is delicious! Everything is freshly made when you order and the service is very fast. I love their unique toppings and choice of veggie or meat fillings. Choices range from Thai to Indian to Indonesian and Singaporean influenced sandwiches. The bread they use tastes like it was just baked and is bakery quality. Serving sizes are generous and the choice of a slaw or chip side, which is included, is another nice value added touch. The owner operator is directly involved and very attentive to make sure you have a great meal.

• Visited June 2012
Northbrook, Illinois
“Fresh take on sandwiches”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was very excited to try this place after reading such great reviews and sure was delicious. I had the coconut chicken sandwich, which had a great lightly pickled carrot/daikon on top, slices of cucumber, cilantro and a light mayo. The sandwich was huge and delicious. A great fresh alternative if you're looking for a more unique sandwich. Huge plus was the very friendly owner and his family. I plan on making more visits to try the other things on the menu.

• Visited May 2012
Evanston, Illinois
“Mouth-watering, inexpensive Asian sandwiches and salads”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Awesome amazing food. Three words sum it up but I can't stop there.It's a great addition to Evanston located on Orrington Avenue a few doors down from Church Street. My wife heard a teller in the bank across the street talking about theIR fantastic sandwiches. I came over and shared the big Indonesian Ginger BBQ sandwich, loaded with pork shredded carrots, cilantro, and a delicious ginger sauce. Easily enough to fill up two average eaters. Some of Soulwich's other eight unusual, mouth-watering sandwiches: Burmese Coconut Curry, Singapore Tikka, Sesame Chili Tuna and Wasabi Teriyaki -all with either chicken, poork, steak or seitan. All on homemade bread and your choice or homemade potato chips or cole slaw -unusual withour mayo. The owner is Ash, very friendly as is his 2-year-old daughter who sat down with us for awhile with her activity book WHEN WE CAME OVER AGAIN THAT EVENING with our son and had the BBQ sandwich again, the Ginger Panut Salad and the Tuna Rice-Itsu salad. Mmn-wah!The place is bright and friendly, room for a couple of outside tables. Everythings between $7.75 and $7.95. No reason not to go over there immediately! Let me know if you do.

Visited May 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great healthy sandwiches”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

A friend and I tried the new restaurant, Soulwich, this week and were both impressed. It is a limited menu of salads and sandwiches. For the sandwiches, the menu lists the various sauces that go in each and you can choose to add pork, chicken, steak or veggies. They show which of these additions goes best for which sauce. We put in our orders, I chose the Indonesian Ginger BBQ with chicken and my friend the wasabi & chicken sandwich. The bread they use is fresh and locally made and quite good. You can choose between several types of chips or a cole slaw as an add-on. She and I both just had tap water, and both of our meals came in under $10. But we decided that the next time we go--and we shall--we will split a sandwich and just get extra chips or slaw, as the sandwiches are huge and we each took half home. The only problem was that the bread then became a bit soggy. So it's better to eat it all there. But even with soggy bread, it was delicious.

• Visited May 2012