“Garden Inn - Located in Heart of Evanston”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Evanston
Miami, United States
“Garden Inn - Located in Heart of Evanston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great location. Rooms very nice. Close to resturants and shopping. Staff helpful. In hotel resturant with convenience shopping in hotel if desired. Business meeting rooms available. Fee to self-park in covered garage next door.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Hebrew first
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room for one night recently when we were coming in for the Loyola Univ Chicago Commencement. The Hilton Garden Inn was about a 20 min drive from Loyola. We arrived for check-in at 4:00 pm and were given keys to our room while my husband went to self-park our car in a city parking garage next to the hotel. It seemed silly to use the hotel's expensive valet parking with the self-park garage literally right next door. My daughter and I gathered our suitcases & went up to our room. When we got there, it looked as though the housekeeping staff was just beginning to clean it. I asked her how much longer it would be and she couldn't understand my question so we picked up our bags and returned to the front desk. The clerk was very apologetic to us and complained to another desk clerk about how this situation was unacceptable. Another room was found for us and after the clerk apologized to us again, she gave us 2 free "made to order" breakfast coupons to use the following morning. Our room was fine and a complimentary breakfast the next morning (normally $12.95 per person plus tax and gratuity) was good. We would return to this property if ever in the Evanston area.

• Stayed May 2014
Seattle, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

A pending charge was put on our card as soon as we checked in. In addition to our room rate, they added $200 for "incidentals." The only reason we found out about this is because our credit card company alerted us. The staff made no mention of it whatsoever. They informed me at checkout that the rate would be adjusted to the true balance, although it took them several days to do it. I have never had a hotel do such a thing. What kinds of "incidentals" cost $200?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

Liked this hotel alot in the past but the staff has become indifferent in their welcoming and treatment. No warmth or caring. Also there is little linkage with value. Its overpriced by at least $50/60. You do not feel like you are reciving a good experience for the price. Easier to stay downtown w/ better treatment

Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel times in the last year when I attended Evanston Illinois...It has been a very good experience each time. I was treated very well and I had everything I needed to complete my courses while I was there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I travel several times per year to Evanston for business. I have tried all of the hotels in Evanston and strongly prefer the Garden Inn. The rooms are of good size for a city hotel, the location is convenient and parking is handy. I generally arrive late, leave early so I don't take advantage of much they have to offer. Location is in the Evanston downtown. Evanston is expensive, so the prices reflect that. If you want cheap, stay in Skokie but don't expect to walk to downtown Evanston. Evanston is on the train line, so expect to hear it when operating. I don't generally eat at the hotel because there are so many great places a short walk away. Breakfast is not complementary. Internet is not blazing and VPN had some issues. That said, it is the best internet I've experienced in Evanston hotels - admittedly a moving target. Staff is always pleasant. Lobby is comfortable if you're meeting someone for discussion.

2 Thank Mark J
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

My family and I recently visited fabulous Northwestern University! We had an amazing experience in Evanston, IL and the Hilton Garden Inn was a great place to stay! Very convenient with a wonderful breakfast! The front desk staff were SO helpful to me and my family!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank sandra46641
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evanston
Hyatt House Chicago/Evanston
The Homestead
The Homestead
#5 of 8 in Evanston
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago North Shore

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago North Shore/Evanston? Share your experiences!